Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Taking Clarion Deck outta VR

D

Dawery_JnR

Gday fellas,

wrote off my car, and was allowed to remove rims and stereo.

I got everything out of the car besides the deck, which alone is worth a hefty amount, and would h8 to see it go to the wreckers. There is no access from behind, and taking the shell off from around it is extremely difficult, as i tried it today.

I have absolutely no idea on getting it out, and have only got until tomorrow to remove it, Please Help! If anyone knows of a way of removing it could you please let me know quite soon, cheers heapz.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Remove the shroud around it is really your only choice.

Heres how.
http://www.commodoreclub.net/viewtopic.php?t=9556

of course this is the proper way to do it, but since the car has been written off so it doesn't really matter if you just "rip" out some panels.

D

Dawery_JnR

Hmmm yeah that seams the go, is there anyway of just ripping it out?? would i damage it by forcing it straight out? I dont think i have much time tomorrow morning because the insurance company is taking it off me soon.

How much do you think an auto electrician would charge, i could maybe call one out to the repair place where the car is being held?

Jeff T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
It only takes a minute to do.
You'll only need to take out 5 screws.

The plastic near the gear stick just pulls out, then you can undo the first 3 screws at the bottom beneath the dials etc.

Once they're out you can pull off the plastic around the head unit and dials.

Then to save time just use a chisel or a drill and just cut away the plastic to the left and right of the head unit.

It will save you a lot of time.

Then you will have access to the 2 screws holding the head unit in.

Hope that helps.

D

Dawery_JnR

Yeah cheers heaps, ill give it a good hard crack n hopefully ill get it out.

there is no way im letting it sit in there ay, it's a quality deck

Cheerz-Dawery