Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tension settings for big end and mains

Libran

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
G'day could someone tell me the torque settings for the big ends and main bearing on a vp v6 PLEASE!!!

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Con rod bearing cap bolts: 24-30 Nm + 47-53 degrees.

Main bearing cap bolts: 31-39 Nm + 42-48 degrees.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Yup, they're tty specs, try that with old bolts and you'll either snap em or they'll fail later when the engine is back together.

Alcyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 V6 Ecotec
Sorry to jump in on an old thread. I've got a VY V6 3.8 Ecotec and am trying to figure out if I can reuse my rod and main bolts. But only if they fall into spec. Would anyone know the torque settings if they are being reused? Manual says that it's okay to reuse the side bolts as long as I put some gasket maker/sealant on them and give em a good clean first.

Also, would anyone know the correct bolt length specs so that I can compare them for reuse or maybe get them checked at the machining shop? I have a copy of the Haynes manual and the Holden FSM but stumped if I can find these specs anywhere.

For torque settings, the manual says;
Conrod bolts are 24Nm to 30Nm + 50deg
Main cap bolts are 70Nm - 360deg -> 20Nm -> 40Nm + 35deg + 35deg +35deg
Main side bolts are 12Nm to 18Nm + 45deg

Cheers if you can help ;)

Dallascandas

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 2012 LLT sedan
Sorry to jump in on an old thread. I've got a VY V6 3.8 Ecotec and am trying to figure out if I can reuse my rod and main bolts. But only if they fall into spec. Would anyone know the torque settings if they are being reused? Manual says that it's okay to reuse the side bolts as long as I put some gasket maker/sealant on them and give em a good clean first.

Also, would anyone know the correct bolt length specs so that I can compare them for reuse or maybe get them checked at the machining shop? I have a copy of the Haynes manual and the Holden FSM but stumped if I can find these specs anywhere.

For torque settings, the manual says;
Conrod bolts are 24Nm to 30Nm + 50deg
Main cap bolts are 70Nm - 360deg -> 20Nm -> 40Nm + 35deg + 35deg +35deg
Main side bolts are 12Nm to 18Nm + 45deg

Cheers if you can help ;)

Can anyome help me with the ve sv6 2012 LLT engine tension on crank bolts and and con rods please :)