Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beer Thread.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
Best Beer: Desperado - Mexican Beer with Tequila
Worst Beer: Tun Bitter followed by VB
Everyday beers: Heinieken, James Squire, Pure Blonde, Corona

I like trying lots of different beers, from all round the world.

If your in Melbourne and into beers deffinetly hit up Purvis Beer in Richmond.

Me and my mates also brew our own beer

Cheers Jonesy

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
I went on a run with the local Torana club to Potters Brewery at Nulkaba a year or two ago. They had six or seven of their own beers on tap. One was a bacon beer. Tasted sorta like cheese and bacon balls...I only had one of them lol

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
I love a beer, I home brewed heaps years ago and have been thinking about getting back into it. I bought a carton of Blue Tongue Lager and Blue Tongue Pilsner today, I haven't had them for a while, jees they are nice.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
+1 for home brewing. I very rarely buy packaged beer now. I started off using off the shelf mixes, but now have developed my own recipes, which go into 19 litre kegs. Currently got 3 different one to choose from.

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
VB isn't too bad after a long day or if I'm offered one. I dont go outa my way to grab a carton though. And it's one of the biggest selling beers in Aus so its obviously doing ok for itself. But my beer is Carlton dry all the way and maybe TED's if they're cheaper. Has anyone had 'lucky' beer?? It almost taste like heineken I think, it's good **** :p the bottle is in the shape of a Buddha

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
And it's one of the biggest selling beers in Aus so its obviously doing ok for itself

Judging by members reactions on here thats solely because of me

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Varies depending on my mood. I go between Heineken, James Boag Draught, Carona, Pure Blond. Also sometimes I drink Melb bitter, Carlton Draught and some of the black beers. I don't touch Carlton Cold, Tooheys red/blue or XXXX.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
My favorite everyday beer is Coopers. Pale in the Summer, and Sparking in the colder weather

In summer I mix it up with any Squires ale, and anything from Matilda bay or little Creatures. (anything microbrewed cant go wrong)
In the winter I love my stouts and dark ales. I don't really have a favorite dark beer since I only discovered them a few years back so I'm still learning.

My home brew is a thing of beauty but I don't have anywhere to brew since moving into my house (I gotta finish my reno's first!). I used to have it fermenting in my bedroom cupboard at Mum and dads but now I share a house with my woman we have certain ground rules which prohibit fermenting beer bubbling away all night in the corner of the bedroom :(

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Ah yes, COOPERS, another one I forgot. Superb beer indeed and still owned by the Coopers.

My Wife and I tend to keep an eye on the beer weekly specials with that trash stuffed into our mail box.
When there's good classy to our taste beer on special we usually go purchase 3 or 4 slabs of it.........Often one picks up $50.00 per slab beer for $40.00........Good way to buy beer IMHO.

Before Christmas friend from Melbourne called in and saw a pile of beer.........We had just bought about 8 slabs...........He ask if we were expecting a beer strike? My answer was......One MUST be prepared at all times.

Another great beer while I think of it is Speights on the south island in New Zealand............A sensational beer that MUST be drunk on tap........Have tried the cans and it's not the same.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
I've got a trying different types of foreign beers going atm. Found Asahi (Jap beer) to be a really nice, definitely one of my favourites.

Asahi is a good beer. Drank plenty of that when I was in Japan.
Most hotels in Japan have vending machines for food,smokes and drinks. Me and my mate emptied out a few vending machines of asahi on our travels.
Could get the tall cans for 300yen, Which is about $3AUS.