Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Climate Change ULTRA MEGA AWESOME Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
all this talk about doing a runner at the garage, a smart fella would simply syphon minux's senator.
he can afford it.LOL

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
So how is the Dudd Govt going to get away with putting another tax on top of the already 2 taxes on petrol when the Kyoto bollocks comes in? ? ?

Are all of you happy to be constantly illegally taxed? ? ?
Only in this country would the govt tax a taxed already taxed item(petrol)

So for all you band wagon people, who jump on what ever thing the govt's n news r propagandaring, are you going to jump on the next thing they choose.

Cold war in the 70's, AIDs in the 80's, Terrorism in the late 90's early 00's and now "climate change".

Have you thought it may have more to do with the fact that the major forests are being destroyed, "lung of the Earth" etc than with the mongering of Al Gore and the rest of his Sheep. . . . . .

I'd go out and buy a V8 just to **** people off who dribble about climate change.
Oh wait a minute, I did buy a V8. . . . .
I might go sit in the garage and rev the car add my contribution. . . . . . . . . .

My kids r guna have more to worry about in the future than 1c higher temp. . . . . .

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Mmm,

When I was a kid there use to be river banks on the Murray that supported River Red Gums. The rabbits burrowed under the roots which undermined the trees.

We trapped and **** the rabbits.

Now in SA, where you could once get a feed of rabbits they are all gone.

Then came the floods; some trees fell into the river which provided habitat for fish but soil erosion made the river shallower.

What was once a Murray Cod "Reach" (A mile of river that was licenced to a professional fisherman) became void of Murray Cod because of siltation, salination, artificially ponding the river by lochs and reduction of flow due to increased irrigation, reduced their numbers.

Where we use to camp along the banks you could find great spots but now those same places seep water that smells like yuck; caused by irrigation of citrus and vines.

There is no longer spiny Crayfish like the ones you get up around the top reaches of the murray.

There is no longer Eel Tail catfish.

To catch a Murray cod would make the local news.

Areas we use to frequent to catch lots of yabbies are now full of dead trees and you can see the salt. There's no yabbies now.

My favourite River Red Gum use to be magnificent. We camped underneath it and enjoyed many a good time. All that remains is the main trunk and a few large branches with growth that looks similar to what happens to trees after a bushfire has passed through.

The foliage that you can see is green but it's a last ditched effort to survive.

The old gum tree that use to be home to a big goanna has become a victim of salination.

The European carp are plentiful and the water colour that was once clear is now turbid.

The Redfin have gone (not a native) and so have the Fresh water mussels.

There's still a few callop to catch and plenty of carp.

The Mallee trees were bulldozed and wheat planted; we use to trap bunnies by the farmers fences that fenced off the wheat.

The winds came and blew the tumble weed up against the fences; then the top soil piled up against the fence. The fences became useless because of the piled up soil so the farmer errected new fences on top of the old.

The farmer went broke because he didn't know the land and how to look after it. He dragged out all the visible boulders of limestone so he could sow the wheat in the remaining soil.

The mounds of rock were enough to build a house.

The wind blew again and the remaining soil vanished. The farmer is now dead and so is the land.

My old Gum Tree that I dearly love is nearly dead and my heart is sad that we are so blind.

Technology is great and we can use it to learn but to ignore the stop sign is taking a chance.

In conclusion, you can agree with Global warming, extinction of animals and destruction of habitat but isn't it better to err on the side of caution?

All of the above is true, I've seen the things I liked as a kid taken from me and that's just in a generation.

I've seen people in Africa chop down trees to make charcoal. I could have made them rich by giving them a chain saw so they could produce more; but if I did the forest would be gone and so would there existence.

Without education and change on a global scale not much can be done.

But leading by example is one of the first principles of leadership. If everyone helps out just a bit we can live with technology, fast cars, computers and also live in harmony with nature.

It's called sustainability. Plenty of money won't enable a mass population to grow food. And if we don't have water our head gaskets will blow. Clean air, clean water, good quality soil is what we should be leaving for our kids to inherit but what do we do?

We Destroy. To destroy habitat in a closed system is like putting a plastic bag tightly around your neck; you'll breathe for awhile but in the end you'll want to get fresh air.

The only problem is that we have no where else to go; no where else to habitat.

You may not be affected now but guess what?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
^^ Great post...

Got to drive the car today... felt sooo fast hahaha.... was hard trying not to give it stick... will suck going back to the bike again after that one tiny drive but its worth it. i KNOW it......

aZk.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Ill keep driving my car to the shopping center, ill keep driving it to school. Ill leave my heater on untill my balls stop freezing. Sure ill make a habit to turn the lights off more often and turn the tv off. But im not going to burden myself and go out of my way to help with global warming if i dont believe the hype, just like i dont go to church because i dont believe in jesus.

Yeh, most scientists dont believe in Jesus either........not a great point.

Perhaps have a look at:Climate Change Denial DEATH OF A THOUSAND TIPS and see if you recognise some failings in your own "blog" above. Yes, the link is a blog, but everything stated in it is backed up with sound science, unlike your own ramblings which are just misguided wishful opinion, backed up by I dare say it testosterone fuelled logic...... "my balls stop freezing"

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Mmm,

When I was a kid there use to be river banks on the Murray that supported River Red Gums. The rabbits burrowed under the roots which undermined the trees.

We trapped and **** the rabbits.

Now in SA, where you could once get a feed of rabbits they are all gone.

Then came the floods; some trees fell into the river which provided habitat for fish but soil erosion made the river shallower.

What was once a Murray Cod "Reach" (A mile of river that was licenced to a professional fisherman) became void of Murray Cod because of siltation, salination, artificially ponding the river by lochs and reduction of flow due to increased irrigation, reduced their numbers.

Where we use to camp along the banks you could find great spots but now those same places seep water that smells like yuck; caused by irrigation of citrus and vines.

There is no longer spiny Crayfish like the ones you get up around the top reaches of the murray.

There is no longer Eel Tail catfish.

To catch a Murray cod would make the local news.

Areas we use to frequent to catch lots of yabbies are now full of dead trees and you can see the salt. There's no yabbies now.

My favourite River Red Gum use to be magnificent. We camped underneath it and enjoyed many a good time. All that remains is the main trunk and a few large branches with growth that looks similar to what happens to trees after a bushfire has passed through.

The foliage that you can see is green but it's a last ditched effort to survive.

The old gum tree that use to be home to a big goanna has become a victim of salination.

The European carp are plentiful and the water colour that was once clear is now turbid.

The Redfin have gone (not a native) and so have the Fresh water mussels.

There's still a few callop to catch and plenty of carp.

The Mallee trees were bulldozed and wheat planted; we use to trap bunnies by the farmers fences that fenced off the wheat.

The winds came and blew the tumble weed up against the fences; then the top soil piled up against the fence. The fences became useless because of the piled up soil so the farmer errected new fences on top of the old.

The farmer went broke because he didn't know the land and how to look after it. He dragged out all the visible boulders of limestone so he could sow the wheat in the remaining soil.

The mounds of rock were enough to build a house.

The wind blew again and the remaining soil vanished. The farmer is now dead and so is the land.

My old Gum Tree that I dearly love is nearly dead and my heart is sad that we are so blind.

Technology is great and we can use it to learn but to ignore the stop sign is taking a chance.

In conclusion, you can agree with Global warming, extinction of animals and destruction of habitat but isn't it better to err on the side of caution?

All of the above is true, I've seen the things I liked as a kid taken from me and that's just in a generation.

I've seen people in Africa chop down trees to make charcoal. I could have made them rich by giving them a chain saw so they could produce more; but if I did the forest would be gone and so would there existence.

Without education and change on a global scale not much can be done.

But leading by example is one of the first principles of leadership. If everyone helps out just a bit we can live with technology, fast cars, computers and also live in harmony with nature.

It's called sustainability. Plenty of money won't enable a mass population to grow food. And if we don't have water our head gaskets will blow. Clean air, clean water, good quality soil is what we should be leaving for our kids to inherit but what do we do?

We Destroy. To destroy habitat in a closed system is like putting a plastic bag tightly around your neck; you'll breathe for awhile but in the end you'll want to get fresh air.

The only problem is that we have no where else to go; no where else to habitat.

You may not be affected now but guess what?

What does this have to do with global warming?

This has more to do with over farming, incorrect farming, pumping **** into a river system that can't handle it as well as removing too much water from the system for irrigation.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Got to drive the car today... felt sooo fast hahaha.... was hard trying not to give it stick... will suck going back to the bike again after that one tiny drive but its worth it. i KNOW it......

aZk.

I also drove today, god the car felt slow with the stock tune in and it running rich like bill gates.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Not as much as I did when i when some dopey music teacher claimed excel was a compulsory part of the high school curriculum.......spreadsheeting(using any suitable program) is a compulsory part of some IT subjects though.....

Wow. bringing up a thread about two or three month old. I don't really see what it has to do with this particular thread anyway.

.....Rather than knock the blogger, start trying to disprove the evidence that is provided there(the stuff compiled by real scientists)......rather than its "all bs" because Im a v8 driver and I say so(that's to everyone scooter, music teachers wouldnt drive a v8 would they?)

I didn't say it was OR wasn't BS. I just made the comment that I'd love to get my hands on a full electric car simply because of the performance. Like I said, massive amount of torque, capable of 0 - 60mph in 4 seconds. $2 per charge. However I would be more than willing to drive a V8 if I didn't have my L67. By the way, what have you got against music teachers? It's a respectable profession isn't it? I'm still yet to read what you do for a job.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
I read an article about how global warming has now stopped, and global COOLING has begun.

It was backed with computer models and anecdotal evidence...

Who should I believe?

Guess I better make some carbon to warm it up again...

Seriously, who ACTUALLY believes the rubbish on the 6pm news these days? I mean I have a real hard time believing the crap on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.