Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Climate Change ULTRA MEGA AWESOME Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
It isnt just us who have their doubts about the "worlds leading scientists" conclusions on the matter. Around the world there are experts that have their doubts.

The only doubts/disagreements amongst the experts is on how fast the effects are going to take place. Initial forecasts were conservative so not to be dismissed as alarmist etc, but now forecasts or temperatures/CO2/sea levels are constantly being revised upwards as data comes to hand that has already exceeded previous predictions.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Just evidence you prattle on about things you know nothing about.....fairly relevant Id say, especially if you are trying to refute/ cast doubt on something I say.

As the cliche goes "There's the pot calling the kettle black". Care to show a post in this thread where I have disagreed with something you said. i haven't disagreed or agreed with you because i admit that I don't know enough on the subject. We all have our opinions but that doesn't make us right. You included. Even if I did try to "refute/cast doubt" on something you say, does that therefore mean I am automatically wrong? No because it's just one persons opinion vs anothers.

Sure electric motors can have a much higher kW/kg ratio than a petrol engine and offer efficiency nearly triple that of a petrol motor. The problem is how do we get the electricity to power them without making more CO2 and the environmental problems of manufacturing and recycling/disposing of the batteries. There are solutions, solar electricity.....more battery research....but they arent with us today.
Nothing wrong with music teachers, help soothe the beasts in some of our schools.

Battery powered cars have come a long way in recent years. Take a look at the Tesla Roadster is capable of. The only real downfall with battery powered cars is they're still no good over long distances. Approx 300 - 350 miles to a charge (whats that in kilometres?) I'm no electronics expert but would is be possible to rig up some sort of an 'alternator' to charge the batteries as it drives?

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
I'm no electronics expert but would is be possible to rig up some sort of an 'alternator' to charge the batteries as it drives?
thats as smart as puting your AC cold air and pipe it to the cars air intake.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
thats as smart as puting your AC cold air and pipe it to the cars air intake.

Well how would I know unless I asked the question?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Battery powered cars have come a long way in recent years. Take a look at the Tesla Roadster is capable of. The only real downfall with battery powered cars is they're still no good over long distances. Approx 300 - 350 miles to a charge (whats that in kilometres?) I'm no electronics expert but would is be possible to rig up some sort of an 'alternator' to charge the batteries as it drives?

300 miles is about 480km so if they're getting that it's pretty good. It is practical, at least in urban areas, at that range.

Regen - recharging the batteries under braking - is a given on any serious electrical vehicle. In an ideal world, the batteries then only have to 'make up' the difference between what goes out into the motors and what comes back ie. is lost through conversion inefficiencies and drag.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
We all have our opinions but that doesn't make us right. You included. Even if I did try to "refute/cast doubt" on something you say, does that therefore mean I am automatically wrong? No because it's just one persons opinion vs anothers.
?
Opinion?
I dont have an opinion on climate change!
I have an opinion about the best rock song and best looking car.....

Those that hide behind "in my opinion its all bunk" are just saying, "it doesnt suit me to admit to believing it and I choose to illogically reject the findings by those who are in a position to know best".....is just as illogical as a smoker rejecting evidence that smoking can increase the risk of lung cancer because they dont want to address giving up.

There are a few here that don't really understand how scientific world works. People in research or education institutions will publish their findings. There are no shortage of other academics willing to pick apart their findings as they can gain cutos if they find errors, unrepeatable results etc. If they publish rubbish, fabrications they will be quickly discarded as frauds and out on their lonesome.......that's how we can be confident they are going in the right direction.
People who work for private enterprise have to do no such thing, or if they do release rubbish which is refuted by those in the know, nothing happens, they have acted in the interests of the company, the message has got out there to those gullibe people who gain comfort in hearing it. Acutally, its not really the people who work for private enterprise who are guilty of this......its the retired scientists who give tidbits for newspapers......global warming is bunk etc......that receive thankyous/incentives from the corporate world who are the problem, they are no longer under any meaningful scrutiny from anyone.

So you would use the batteries to power an alternator to charge the batteries. The car would go less distance as there is about 20% loss at each stage.

I think you are suggesting a perpetual motion machine?

The current hybrids have regenerative braking, where some of the kinetic energy of the vehicle can be converted back into electrical energy, but this moving energy had to either come from the batteries or fuel in the 1st place

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Isnt it weird that just everyday people that visit this forum can instantly see flaws and omissions in the conclusions reached by the world's leading scientists? dont know how they do it.
Maybe they can't, maybe they are just simply in denial and willing to hang their hat on any half baked idea that is put out there and dont even look to see what the majority thinking is on such ideas.
Have a look at:
Climate myths: Global warming is down to the Sun, not humans - climate-change - 16 May 2007 - New Scientist Environment

My info comes from scientists that research this subject, I dont google. You can google all day and get contradicting evidence.

Oh and as for world leading scientists, just remember a scientist from a Sydney University told "world leading scientists" that their modeling was incorrect because they were not using all the factors. They laughed at him and said that he was from a second rate university and that he didn't know anything.

Funny enough about two years later they conceded and redid their modeling and the their increas in temperature dropped.....funny thing is they still didn't include the solar flares in thier modeling. They cant make themselves look like idiots now can they.

I know you believe in this stuff and you'll reply with another web site link, and you have the right too but I'll leave it at this dont really care what you think as I your opinion is not worth much to me...sorry to say that but I've seen some of the stuff you say here and AFF and it doesn't hold much value for me.

edit::
Just to be a smart a$$ here is a presentation from an enviromentalist talking about the Facts on global warming.

YouTube - Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause? - Pt 1 of 4
YouTube - Climate change - Is CO2 the cause? - Pt 2 of 4
YouTube - Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause? - pt 3 of 4
YouTube - Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause?- pt 4 of 4

Last edited:

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx

Could you please just be a little bit smarter(than your a$$) and just give us the name of the "environmentalist" (qualifications in?), not all of us have access to youtube, nor is it where all the world's best information is put atm.
Hopefully he has also published his findings in a respected medium.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
My info comes from scientists that research this subject, I dont google. You can google all day and get contradicting evidence.

Oh and as for world leading scientists, just remember a scientist from a Sydney University told "world leading scientists" that their modeling was incorrect because they were not using all the factors. They laughed at him and said that he was from a second rate university and that he didn't know anything.

Funny enough about two years later they conceded and redid their modeling and the their increas in temperature dropped.....funny thing is they still didn't include the solar flares in thier modeling. They cant make themselves look like idiots now can they.

I know you believe in this stuff and you'll reply with another web site link, and you have the right too but I'll leave it at this dont really care what you think as I your opinion is not worth much to me...sorry to say that but I've seen some of the stuff you say here and AFF and it doesn't hold much value for me.

edit::
Just to be a smart a$$ here is a presentation from an enviromentalist talking about the Facts on global warming.

YouTube - Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause? - Pt 1 of 4
YouTube - Climate change - Is CO2 the cause? - Pt 2 of 4
YouTube - Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause? - pt 3 of 4
YouTube - Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause?- pt 4 of 4

Professor Carter is great, watched an interview he did a while back. Was good to watch this again.

No point posting it though, commsirac will just tell you he is being paid by oil companies or that he is wrong because he can google a blogger that says so.

Status
Not open for further replies.