Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The complete Vn-Vr Manual Conversion Guide.

XeKToReX

Put it on credit!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL, VR Exec, VS Stato, VT Clubby #555
how about speedo? does memcal reprogram get speedo working, or does that require the loom?

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
supra gearbox would be the go but would be tricky fitting it because of the different bellhousing hey? Or can you use a T5 one?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Ive got a mate of mines car with a supra box manual gearbox in his VS V6 whines like a bus when decelerating sounds like a race car its an awesome thing howveer the clutch is extremely heavy.

That would be an awesome how to. Can you get a vid of ya mates car? Im interested in hearing and seeing it.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The supra box could be an interestin one. Im assuming your doing it for strength and possibly better ratios? I've never personaly heard of anybody trying it

Yes i'm doing it pretty much for those reasons, there is a place in sydney that do custom bellhousings it's about $700 just for that.

My mate has priced allot of it up for me, the parts will cost about $1500 and after that its a clean swap over like any T5 manual conversion and everything will work. Knowing a carnut/engineer has its perks.

There is another forum on the net aimed more at calais drivers that is AUS based and there is allot of info on those "other" forums about it.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I believe it is on the way, so far the information presented is usefull, I can do a rough howto as ive done it before, but that would be hijacking the thread.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
What did you do with all the auto tranny wires? cut and then tape?

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
With a VN it was unplug and plug, very simple. With the VR its a bit of cutting and soldiering but not too hard.

I have writen up the rest of the how to but haydz hasent been online since ive done it, will be up soon.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
I see a pink and blue wire running from the speed sensor on the manual loom that runs to fuse 12 do I need to connect this?? Is this the positive wire? Does it need to run to fuse 12? Would it be better, or just make sure it runs to a fuse like how you used the cig lighter...?

The Violet or Purple and White wire does this connect to the speedo on the circuit that runs to the computer? Or cut it on the plug leaving it from the computer and run it directly to the speedo dash?

Cheers.

Last edited: