Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The complete Vn-Vr Manual Conversion Guide.

scrabet

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive
lol bk again just found a manual conversion from a s2 vs would have anyproblems fiting that in my vs because it has a hydrolic clutch?

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
could you make a hydrolic clutch up for a VN S1? is it worth it?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I honestly wouldn't bother :) Just more parts to go wrong and look after. I can say, after a night of cruising around in my Stato with the cable-driven T5 clutch, that it doesn't get much better than this. You can't beat the direct, mechanical, analogue feel of a clutch cable :)

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
as Morton said.

its not worth it.

Clutch cable is the best.

you can feel the response through the pedal.

thanks for the positive rep too guys.

much appreciated

scrabet

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive
mite have just found myself a manual conversion its a getrag box so its got a hydrolic clutch so is this going to lead to any problems?

cheers reece

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Wow what a mission doing it on your own fitting the gearbox and trying to pull the cat back to the exhaust manifold... But happy as and well worth it in the end.
Got to do some fine adjustments to the clutch and that's about it but she's pretty close.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 speed, instead of a boring auto...
Oh and cheers Foamy for the great tune!!!

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
I forgot to say also thanks guys for the guide, I used bits and pieces as short cuts that helped me make it more simple.
Cheers.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I honestly wouldn't bother :) Just more parts to go wrong and look after. I can say, after a night of cruising around in my Stato with the cable-driven T5 clutch, that it doesn't get much better than this. You can't beat the direct, mechanical, analogue feel of a clutch cable :)

Yeah i wasn't going to bother with it anyway just wanted to know what you people think about it cause my mate wont shut up about them.
I love the VN VP auto kick down cables over the VR how they have the electronic kickdown its so delayed but in a VN VP when you want it to go somewhere and plant it it takes stuff all time, so i am looking forward to the cable clutch :yeah:

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
regardless of what gearbox you have, you make it work with a hydrolic or a cable clutch. it just MIGHT take some modding, it varies between cars I guess.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Haydz or someone could you please help me out with this...
I connected the speed sensor signal wire to the main run that goes from the ECU to the dash without cutting it and it worked fine for a day now today it didn't want to show thw speed anymore like it was disconnected and have cut the wire from the ECU and it seems to be working fine...Why did it work like this for a day then all of a sudden it stope and I had to cut it?
Reason why I wanted it like this is because this is how it is on the manual loom.
Any idea's?

And what do people experience with the signal code high and low idle and bad fuel consumption? Can someone tell me what actually happens?? I want to know in case it is happening to mine since that code light has been turned off.

Thanks.