Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
oh dam, ok well all my mates go to that gym so ill have to have a think

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
oh dam, ok well all my mates go to that gym so ill have to have a think

go to any gym man, give it a week suss out the regulars and introduce yourself . Jump on bodybuilding.com, YouTube, lots of places with programs and ideas to help get you started .

I knew no one when I started at my gym, I wanted to go here basically because I can walk here from home it's nice and close . My mates go to a bigger more expensive gym in town .

I agree Jett's isn't huge but it has some good gear .

There is a zap fitness being built opposit my gym so il suss that out they have more gear for the same price and both 24hour

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
well i ended up joining good life anyway, lol thanks for your help guys!

i got $100 off and when i was signing up i saw my sisters friend was a pt there so thats good!

im really excited to start getting into it! :)

7F238811-27F2-4D0A-B998-335E3DC5C4E2-18675-00000D4FC6111124.jpg

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I go to Fitness First, only machine I ever use is a Smith Machine and Leg Extension.

Free Weights FTW, all cheap and 24hr gyms dumbbells stop at 30kg and really don't have the 'bodybuilding' atmosphere, alot of people go there and muck about rather than serious committed trainers.

Despite the fact I talk to no-one at the gym (on purpose - go there to work out not chat), the energy and atmosphere is contaigious.

My 2c

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
im thinking about joining the local good life gym but im pretty.. nervous, you could say
do you guys look or judge other people there? or do others do it to you?
i just dont wanna be there all clueless and people laughing at the skinny kid lol

Mate im in the same boat as you..except im a bit more stressed out as im pretty fat nowadays plus I have obvious physical limitations.
I am constantly feeling like ppl are judging me even when I walk down the street as I have a permanent limp, a arm that obviously does not work properly and a few pretty bad looking visible scars.
Its crazy but ive become very self conscious about my appearance and physical abilities since my crash back in 2009.
I just cant shake the feeling of what I described above too really get to the gym as i should

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Mate, here's the thing.

On the street people why judge you for beign overweight or whatever yet you go outside right?

At the gym, people may to the say. But I can guarantee that even though most will probably judge your weight in a negative light, they will be seeing you as a person in a positive light because your there and showing you've got the courage to try and improve yourself.

I was in a similar boat as you joining gym, just that I was really lanky and was self concious about that. But pretty soon you find it's a pretty casual atmosphere of resepct in gyms because everyone is there to better themselves in some way.

You do get the tool or tool who think are ripped, thing they own the join and look down on anyone smaller than them. But most of the other gym patrons think those are tool anyway.

They my experience anyway.

And in regards to being clueless, there are usually trainers floating around so you can schedule a session for them to run you through the machines/equipment and if you're game you can just ask another guy working out there if you can be his spot and he will help you.

A spot doesn't need to be all that strong. just needs to be able to help the person doing the set now drop something on their face! ;)

Plus, at the END of they day. Who gives a **** what others think. I know that's a hard attitude to be comfortable with but it's the best attitude.

Who cares if the bloke other there who is using 35kg DB's gives you a sideways look because you are using the 15's. You're not there to impress or validate yourself to him, you are there for you because you want to make yourself better. And that's enough.

Good luck make and keep us posted how you go.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I go to Fitness First, only machine I ever use is a Smith Machine and Leg Extension.

Free Weights FTW, all cheap and 24hr gyms dumbbells stop at 30kg and really don't have the 'bodybuilding' atmosphere, alot of people go there and muck about rather than serious committed trainers.

Despite the fact I talk to no-one at the gym (on purpose - go there to work out not chat), the energy and atmosphere is contaigious.

My 2c

I JUST noticed this. Im looking around now and am running out of weights.

The dumbells Im not as good with but the barbells im like ahhhh.

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
I JUST noticed this. Im looking around now and am running out of weights.

The dumbells Im not as good with but the barbells im like ahhhh.

olympic bar and load plates?? shouldnt run out then

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
had my membership 3 days and been gym 4 times so far and already feel more pumped then my mates gym.