Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The monkeys at JB Hi-FI

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
It was the Strathfield in the Modbury Triangle in Adelaide.

But yeah every place is gonna be different, depending on who works where. The guy at JB Hi Fi that that is often working at the one in Adelaide is a good bloke, seems to know a fair bit too. Drives a VL with a Gen III in it. But at other places they might have jackasses who dont know ****....just as strathfield might have guys that really know their stuff elsewhere as well

Worst part with strathfield at modbury was they started having a go at me for fiddling with the amps? They are my ****ing amps and i will what the **** i want with them, especially when they ignored what i told them to do and just changed some settings on the amps which is fixing the symptom not the problem....

V

vnberlwagon

Another JB Install screw-up

Finally got front door speakers put in this morning,(waiting for VR/VS speaker pods & covers from wreakers, they had a huge fire several weeks ago). Anyway, I get to Keilor at 9.00am eeverythings going well, I step out just to have a look from the edge of the waiting room(not in fitting bay area) and the guy barks at me to go back inside as he doesn't like people watching over his shoulder, (mind U I was at least 6 yards away). So the guy finally finishes and I pay him the $55 and take off, halfway down the ring road I adjust the base & treble and hear a fizz and see a puff of smoke. Pull over as more smoke comes out, I can't see the road. Finally I turn around at the nearest off ramp and head back to JB, get there they are just leaving after closing up early(midday), NOT HAPPY JAN, head to JB store at H/point, all reciepts in hand to talk to car stereo sales dude. He rings up the install guy on his mobile but he's not interested as he says it was fine when he put e/thing back t/gether. Had a look when I got home, not only were the old speakers not working(dash speakers working prev) but the wires leading to them had been disconnected and the new speaker wires were spliced into old wires so old ones effectively now not working, the prick couldn't be bothered removing h/unit to hook up new speakers, so I had 4 speakers operating which is what I asked for.:realangry :realangry :realangry :shooting:
I can feel a lawsuit coming on, I hope someone from JB is reading this!!!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
jb hifi fits in the car parks in shopping centres go look next time its weird
as for some install places i persoanlly know the guy at strathfields in modbury and i would never let him touch my car or anyone elses if i could
its like anything some stores have good fiters and some have **** fitters if your not happy you should always stay calm talk to manager explain your not hapy they normally wil fix things if still not hapy go to head office store.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
daron. said:
jb hifi fits in the car parks in shopping centres go look next time its weird
as for some install places i persoanlly know the guy at strathfields in modbury and i would never let him touch my car or anyone elses if i could
its like anything some stores have good fiters and some have **** fitters if your not happy you should always stay calm talk to manager explain your not hapy they normally wil fix things if still not hapy go to head office store.

It was the manager at strathfield that told me they didnt keep 4 guage cable on a roll out the back....how can a place that does audio installs not keep 4 guage cable on a roll?? Fuggin idiots. Thats what really sent me over the top, the fact that after they ripped me off they lied to my face and still werent willing to do what i had originally asked them.

V

vnberlwagon

COINERS said:
i got some speakers a while ago from Keilor jb. bunch of wankers i swear. i wanted to belt the guy a few times.
Was it a guy about 30ish, tanned, wears surfie type cloths regularly and drives a goldy coloured VX ute? If so I would go back and belt him, his **** don't stink, just ask him!

lieos

what ford i didnt see it
Reaction score
i also dont like strathfield i've been to the one at hurstville (sydney) a number of times and they havnt ever been interested. and another time they had an offer that they will beat any price so i got a better price and they said they cant beat it so i went to the place and got it at a price better then strathfield.
dont be fooled strathfield isnt as cheap as they seem and if u go elsewhere to professional car audio shops u will get a better install and it will probably cost u less

F

fulllysickVEonitnut

I'm a JB FITTER

I think your all a bunch of NOBBs if you come to me with your crappy SELF install i'l CHARGE you hard 1 to fix you **** work and to put the car back to factory specs and then START again:ranting:

Every day i do comm and i know them inside out i'v been doing it for 10 years and if you come to my bay with a chain around your wallet dont bitch later about wat you got i thing i have to say YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET