Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Well one thing that you shouldnt do is.......put a cannon on the end. Saw a VE Omega, totally stock bar the massive cannon on there. Sounded like arse hole

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
hahah funny. Also dont just remove the rear muffler. That hurts your ears

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
I have a photo of that omega with a cannon ill load it into the funny pic thread later

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
the sv6 exhaust doesnt sound like anything at all, lol

I know that, but you would achieve a nice look with the SV6 set up.

I think the only way to get a good note is to add an extra two cylinders Lol.

Cheers from Mike.

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Hi there i have sv6 mufflers:) if u want them

I just put on Some SS mufflers on mine
MAKES A BIG DIFFERNCE!!!:) girlfriend loves it
so do i .. sounds heaps meaty

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
I know that, but you would achieve a nice look with the SV6 set up.

I think the only way to get a good note is to add an extra two cylinders Lol.

Cheers from Mike.

lol just tape em together:D cut the six in half n add two more:) ITS SO SIMPLE:D

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Well one thing that you shouldnt do is.......put a cannon on the end. Saw a VE Omega, totally stock bar the massive cannon on there. Sounded like arse hole

LOL when will people learn cannons are SH**T get yourself a nice freakn ss muffler if u wana change the sound:)

Still at the end of the day itl neva b a v8

VE6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE berlina
hahah funny. Also dont just remove the rear muffler. That hurts your ears

i actually did this and the VE doesnt sound that bad it sounds like a piss weak V8 but still good for a six u cant get a ballzy note from a 6

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
VE SV6 FULL PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM 2.5 inch

Months in searching from place to place for mods, updates, and general info and it's finally done. Well this part is anyway. So for all you asking for more to be available for the SIDI engines, here it is.
One obstacle out of the way. The exhaust system.

Personally i reckon it was a wise move to get the full system worked on,due to the overall performance and the lumpy idle result which i wanted ( a little like a v8 ) the only thing i had an issue with was leaky joints which were fixed up today. Still under acceleration there is a sound accompanying the lower rumble which is moreso like a slight faint rattle higher pitched, light snarly noise. After speaking to Darren and taking him for a drive, he mentioned that this can happen with long headers in place, something to do with ports firing and sending pulses through the pipes and that being clearly audible as the pipes are longer, also something to do with the cats themselves. He mentioned that he could probably get rid off the noise, but would have to remove the whole system and block it up, from what I understood, not something I would want done.

Overall, very quiet system compared to the straight muffler swap i had before. I found that the previous mufflers were too loud with the new 2.5 inch, hence it being a reason i swapped out the rear mufflers as well for Darrens. There is absolutely no drone at all (and i'm not exadurating either, NONE AT ALL) in the cabin. All you can hear is the engine bay growling, and the exhaust itself. Full acceleration noise is something to have an acquired taste for, as you all know the alloytech tend to start screaming after a certain rev range, much like the good old v-tech hondas :p ( i know, i've had one).

Fuel consumption on urban/"fun" driving will increase, although generally speaking if you are /worried about that, you can still drive lightly and get your range to be at around 700K + mark (freeway/light urban)

I've mentioned to him that there may be several people interested in it, and if he knows the rough ball park area of the system. He will know more in detail as he does his first production run in several weeks, but the price may well be bellow 3k for the full setup.
long headers,cats,2.5inch mid section and quad mufflers.

I'll get that video up tomorrow for you.

Ssamuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Wow, it's nice to see someone else actually going through with it all and putting it up here man. Top work loook forward to hearin the video to see how it goes :) Thanks man