Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Wait so you have 2.25 varex exhaust ON YOUR SV6 ? I want it. So how does it sound? do you have a video, also how much did it cost you and what do you have? (extractors,cats,tune?)
Where can i get them ? Ive lookd everywere and thought it was only for v8

i have a 2.25 xforce system with 3" varex rear mufflers as i will be going down the FI soon so i only need to change the cat back to the rears and not the rears themselves. The sound is pretty good for a v6 had numorous v8 owners that have said it that it doesnt sound bad at all.

Mate i have the works except for tune and cats, my list of mods airhammer intake, cpr6 manifold, pacemaker extractors, catback with 3.45 diff ratio.

I may be able to get a sound clip over the next few days, see how i go with time and all.

have a look on the xforce site for a distributor.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
go to the xforce site and they have a list of shops that you can get it from.

trent142

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 black sv6 ute
I have that first exhaust on my ute sounds great.... Well as good as a 6 will IMO. Also i have heard people say mildsteel sounds better on the 6's then the stainless. Dont know if that is true or not..

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I believe the SV6 has a 2.25" stock but not positive. How about you just spend a few bucks on some quality rear mufflers be they Varex or otherwise. Then $700 or so on some pacemakers and just see how that goes. I reckon you're looking at spending 2-3k when you really only need to spend 1-2k for the same results. Unless of course you plan on building your engine to your exhaust specs.

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
thanks for all the help guys , i rang an exhaust shop yesterday, and decided to go extractors , high flow 100 csi cat, 2.25 inch s/s then 3inch varex muffiler

im just waiting on the quote , he going to give me 3, 1. for wat i jjust said then one for the 2.5 inch then the mildsteel

so according to the prices ill select from there.

whats mafless tune? heard it few time actually

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
u serious? why though , i was a a exhaust shop in williamstowan and they said they could ship one for me

Page 10 - http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/EPA/Publications.nsf/2f1c2625731746aa4a256ce90001cbb5/c90ec843f3bbbe8fca256d9f00181c59/$FILE/1031.pdf

"It is an offence to own or use a vehicle fitted with a temporary defeat device, inlet port restrictor,
exhaust port restrictor or temporary noise reduction device. These devices, when fitted to the exhaust
system, can temporarily and easily change or vary the level of noise emitted from the exhaust.
Examples include variable exhaust restrictors, cutouts, bypasses, adjustable/variable/sliding
openings on mufflers, restrictive or temporary insert plates and steel wool. "