Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
tinny is like god on this forum......
always has the useful advice!

or he is like Confucius..

Because Confucious says:

"Man who stand on toilet......

Is high on pot" :D

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
You're a modern oracle...one made of tin :)

Oh and as far as the x-pipe goes in effect you have one stock anyway which it the large mid-muffler.. I've also put a second x-pipe on mine after the mid muffler. I think it sounded better and the idea was to also drag gases out of the mid muffler in an attempt to keep the rear cans fulls and thus reduce drone.

pete101

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Omega
Caprice exhaust system on an Omega

Will a Caprice exhaust fit on an omega? (Obviously with the various bits and pieces you need to make it compatible with a dual-exhaust.)

Just looking to get a cheap exhaust upgrade, more for aesthetics than anything, definitely liking the dual-exhaust though

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
this is sort of an educated guess, but the caprice is a longer wheels base isnt it? so im not sure it will...without modification

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
Or you can go to Flexi fit exhaust on old geelong road in werribee and get urself a complete catback for 350-500 including the chrome tips and they would probably be able to do it on the spot for you.

bundabergsangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Ute
V6 exhaust?

Hi all,

I've been wondering how to make my V6 sound a bit more 'grunty' ... but being pretty new to exhaust systems I'm gettin pretty damn confused.

I was looking at getting Varex mufflers put on, and when I called and got a quote the guy said I'd be stupid to just do the exhaust and not the pipes aswell. He recommended 3" pipes. But then I was speaking to a mate and he said the drone on that would be horrible. For spending $1400 on it I don't want it to sound like crap.

I got a quote off another place who really didn't like the Varex mufflers...and he said he could put on a good system that would be quiet while idling but throaty when accelerating (which is what i want) for $700. He failed to tell me what it actually was though.

Any opinions?? For or against??

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
well for starters dont listen to the guy who said get 3" pipes, he just wants ur money

posted by another sv6 owner a little while ago, id listen to him

As far as your exhaust, the SV6's have em pretty perfect from factory, just get new mufflers, extractors, cats and cut out the crimp/hotdog section and replace with straight pipe. You will save yaself alot of money and the end result will be the same.

or just get a muffler swap like this one

Last edited by a moderator: