Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the tanka vq

tanka5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq
Name: damo
Model: vq statesman
Colour: white
Bodykit: no whey
Engine Type: 304
Engine Mods: gen3 intake pipe k&n pod, gilmer drive , 14 degrees advanced timing
Power: n/a
Exhaust: extractors high flow cat into 2 1/2 inch exhaust dumped at diff
Gearbox: stage3 full manual t700 with corvette servo and .500 boost valve
Diff: irs 3.46 with romac spool & 4.11 spooled diff
Brakes: slotted front rotors , stock rear with bendix heavy duty pads
Suspension: king springs sl's monroe gas shocks front, camira springs and pedders comfort cruiser shocks in the anus
Wheels/Tyres: gestault virouge 19s / 235/35 kuhmos
Interior: saas wood steering wheel , B&M pro ratchet shifter, carry trays on front doors deleted for speakers
Other Mods: painted front grille black as it was green, ditched the mud flaps, tinted taillights, manifold and injector covers painted.
Stereo: alpine head unit, alpine s series 6 inch in pods on front doors and in rear parcel tray driven by pioneer 4 channel amp, 2 clarion 12 inch subs in box driven by clarion monobloc amp.
Cost: DKDC
Future Mods: a grumpy staunch n/a engine and high stall convertor

videos:gilmers
lap at powercruise 12
my attempted skid at powercruise 12

pics:

DSC00072.jpg

100_1013.jpg

100_1011.jpg

000_00431.jpg

100_11311.jpg

DSCF1604.jpg

DSC_6900.jpg

tanka.jpg

tanka1.jpg

ranka2.jpg

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
not a bad looking Vq,what made you go a ls1 intake pipe and pod setup,whats the deal with 14 deg timing?

Nice work ever thought about painting rocker covers red also?

tanka5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq
not a bad looking Vq,what made you go a ls1 intake pipe and pod setup,whats the deal with 14 deg timing?

Nice work ever thought about painting rocker covers red also?

i went ls1 pipe for somethin different, with the timing you adjust your base timing from 10deg advance(stock) to 14 or even 16 and run premium fuel and it gives a noticeable power increase.

and yeah i have thought about painting them but a didnt have the right tool to get at a bolt at the back of the drivers side one .lol

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Nice stato u got here not a fan of the rims and the B&M shifter u gonna tidy up the surrounds a bit better? would look a lil neater if it didnt look like it was shoved in there lol :p

how did u advance the timing? id recommend a chip from greenfoam if u havent already :thumbsup:

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
i got mine tuned in real time with haltech e6,is yours safely advanced? Most shifters in the vn do need a bit of work to make em look trick check out the statesman's vq for a shifter with wicked trim work on the forum.

tanka5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq
Nice stato u got here not a fan of the rims and the B&M shifter u gonna tidy up the surrounds a bit better? would look a lil neater if it didnt look like it was shoved in there lol :p

how did u advance the timing? id recommend a chip from greenfoam if u havent already :thumbsup:

it is shoved in there lol, to advance your timing you put the computer to diagnostic mode to get the base timing,then get a timing light and turn the dizzyto the appropriate mark.:thumbsup:

i got mine tuned in real time with haltech e6,is yours safely advanced? Most shifters in the vn do need a bit of work to make em look trick check out the statesman's vq for a shifter with wicked trim work on the forum.

safe? well it dosnt ping if that is wot you mean and yeah ive seen that stato.;)

Lookin good. I dig the VQs.

tah mate.:yeah:

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
nice man! the tinted tail lights look pretty good on it..
i still wana get a set of gilmers on mine soon...
and how much better does the exhaust sound once its dumped at the diff ay.,,
i done mine not long ago n it screams when u giv it a hit... sets off alarms everywhere lol

tanka5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq
nice man! the tinted tail lights look pretty good on it..
i still wana get a set of gilmers on mine soon...
and how much better does the exhaust sound once its dumped at the diff ay.,,
i done mine not long ago n it screams when u giv it a hit... sets off alarms everywhere lol

yeah the taillights seem to have faded now so ill have to do them again and yeah they sound sweet dumped before the diff:bow: