Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The truth about Electric Cars

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Hi guys here is any interesting comparison between whole life for electric cars and regular cars check it out very interesting

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
More 'Stuff' from the US; which is based on US data. The Net is full of it.

We have more sun than we want. Stick a collector on your house. Electric motors = Max torque form 0 revs.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Pump oil out of the ground to make fuel for combustion engines or dig lithium out of the ground to make batteries for electric cars. A renewable fuel like ethanol is far better for the environment.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Something I have been telling people for some time ...... I'm not a scientist or a greenie, so what would I know ?

I put solar panels on my roof to help save the planet, and save me money. What a dud that has turned out to be. The electricity generating companies are laughing at all us fools for helping them to make bigger profits..

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Quick question mostly for you South Australians hope I'm not being too rude thread crashing when the transmission lines were on the ground a couple of months ago how much power where the solar cells on the roofs of peoples houses making? What if anything could those of you with solar cells on your roof run?

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
what about the subsidies we are all forced to pay for our green energy if we are really serious about cheap energy we have to have a good hard look at ourselves and nuclear energy, gas and cleaner ways to burn coal

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There are cleaner ways to produce energy than are mostly used today. Coal and nuclear are outdated. Thermal energy, wind, tidal, and solar technologies need to be used more in my opinion.

Less money in it though.....

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
There are cleaner ways to produce energy than are mostly used today. Coal and nuclear are outdated. Thermal energy, wind, tidal, and solar technologies need to be used more in my opinion.

Less money in it though.....

i'd agree with thermal but the others need to be subsidize so heavily it will be sending us back to the stone age with power prices on the rise to cover their costs. and also the unpredictability of solar and wind we don't want to see the rest of Aust follow SA into the darkness

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I don't know about wind being unpredictable, and solar technologies are getting cheaper.

We have wind farms in a few locations around WA that are sustainable.