Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Ultimate Alloytec Performance Thread

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
keep the crap out of this thread, its a thread for performance bolt ons for the alloytec, not "lets bitch about whether they work or not" people dont want to have to sift through crap to get answers or ideas...

It is good for people to know what is and is not worth the money. Some bolt on's only make a difference after some serious modding.

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for the well-written article Impulsive! Cleared up a lot of the confusion I had, plus very interesting to read! Not planning on doing any modifications to my VZ Exec at the moment though, probably after I'm done with college. Can't wait! :yeah:

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Didnt reply because you wont listen anyway. I was saying the theory isnt what you want in an upgrade. compromising something else to make power, and a small increase at that.

Not worth it.

Vz Thunder90

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Thunder Vz Ute
I'm new to this forum so I hope this is in the right spot. Sorry if it isn't. Does anyone no how the late 2006 vz's react with such things as exhaust, extractors and cold air intake? I've looked way to much into getting this done to my car that I've over thought it to much so I want peoples advice. I have a 2006 vz thunder ute. There is hardly any info out there on these detuned 172kw versions...( can't believe these bloody emission laws) or vids out either. I've been to 4 differnt exhaust shops. 2 have told me to go away completely, they don't do the vz aloytecs because they turn out ****. 1 was completely full of **** and over priced. And the other said it would turn out bad but they will do the best they can ( they were a custom exhaust shop, seemed to no alot about them and were well priced and heaps nice blokes). I would be guted and devastated if my car turned out ricey, or just plain un-nice, so my questions is- would the 172kw version sound different to the 175 or 190? And also does anyone realy believe that the ss growler induction kit will imprive performance by much, let alone the increase they state -an 11rwkw gain? I'd realy appreciate your input into this. Cheers.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
There are lots of bolt ons out there for the alloytec, most will fit across the board for the vz 190 or 175.. as for exhaust.. well im either getting old or seeing the light, best exhaust is a quiet one.. i have 2.5 inch cat pipes, pacemakers and a standard cat back system. Max Power and no noise, which means i can actually hear what the engine is doing. The best bit is the engine actually sounds wicked!

Stay away from paying way too much for bolts on's.. you will never get to the moon in an alloytec, and a $300, 11KW bolt on aint gonna get you any closer... if it was $50, 11kw id say what harm can it be..

Bang for buck, goodluck!!!

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hey mate, I forgot to ask. If I was to do any of these upgrades, do I have to get the car's computers and sensors etc adjusted to accept them??