Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Ultimate Alloytec Performance Thread

enVy6

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY Acclaim
There are lots of bolt ons out there for the alloytec, most will fit across the board for the vz 190 or 175.. as for exhaust.. well im either getting old or seeing the light, best exhaust is a quiet one.. i have 2.5 inch cat pipes, pacemakers and a standard cat back system. Max Power and no noise, which means i can actually hear what the engine is doing. The best bit is the engine actually sounds wicked!

Stay away from paying way too much for bolts on's.. you will never get to the moon in an alloytec, and a $300, 11KW bolt on aint gonna get you any closer... if it was $50, 11kw id say what harm can it be..

Bang for buck, goodluck!!!

Hey mate, i'm looking at getting an exhaust system for my car with max power and best fuel economy. What would you recommend? Iv got the 175 alloytec berlina(auto), and would like something quiet when cruising, but sounds pretty sexy when giving it a bit of push.

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
Hey mate, i'm looking at getting an exhaust system for my car with max power and best fuel economy. What would you recommend? Iv got the 175 alloytec berlina(auto), and would like something quiet when cruising, but sounds pretty sexy when giving it a bit of push.

Like wat impulsive said pacemakers and hiflow cats with standard catbak i found to be the best sound epecially when the system get bit older will sound better!! also get a K&N panel airfilter. Wouldnt do anything else besides giving it regular oil changes and good spark plugs

enVy6

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY Acclaim
Like wat impulsive said pacemakers and hiflow cats with standard catbak i found to be the best sound epecially when the system get bit older will sound better!! also get a K&N panel airfilter. Wouldnt do anything else besides giving it regular oil changes and good spark plugs

Ok so: - Pacemaker Extractors
- Hi flow cats
- Standard Catback
- K&N Filter

Do they need to be specific hi flow cats or will any do? Going to have to excuse me cause I don't know much about this sorta stuff, still trying to learn as much as I can!!!

Oh and would it be a good idea to do the 2 hole mod? Even if that doesn't add any power, the fact that it increases fuel economy would be awesome!

PS: Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Even keeping the standard cats, as they are high flow on the sv6 standard

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Even keeping the standard cats, as they are high flow on the sv6 standard

the standard cats are not 'hi flow' they are more sufficient for the amount of exhaust gases on a next to standard alloytec.. supercharged sv6s etc will obivously create a lot more exhaust gases therefor need more flow...

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
From my understanding they are high flow and very expensive cats. Only on the 190kw, I think exec have standard cats

NAVZCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6, 1980 WB Tonner
Awesome thread impulsive really helps out the people in need. I'm the proud owner of an 04 VZ calais and i'm running a few mods. So far I've got an SS inductions growler intake, Pacermaker headers, Twin high flow metal racing cats, dual 2 1/4 cat back exhaust, CPR6 manifold, mace engineering manifold insulator and i buggered off the standard intake pipe and swapped it for a standard alloytec pipe so i don't have to put up with that stupid air cell. 3.45 Diff gears and VCM tune will be next. I'm unsure as to how much power i'm making atm the moment just waiting on my mate to get the dyno run done. I will say it has a lot more punch off the line and its a real pleasure to drive. The only problem i have is that my exhaust does drone quite a bit and is very loud (120 db) and the EPA haven't looked very kindly upon me :) If you have the money the above mods have worked rather well for me but roughly $4500 later

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Ouch. Coulda spent that on a v8 with an extra 30kw.