Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thoughts on Repco

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Are you guys seriously that cheap on buying Z154's or Z160's?

We sell them at work for like....5 bucks for a Ryco and like 3 bucks for a Wesfil. Even buying a Ryco at Supercheap is no more than I think Ive paid like 15 bucks for a Z160 and i rekon youd be hard pressed to find A z154 for over 10 bucks.

Repco I know sell their filters for more because their oil is cheaper, but in the end it evens out if youre buying a good oil. Our filters are dirt cheap, but our oil is a bit expensive, so it can pay to shop around. I personally buy like a 6 pack of filters from work and hit up Supercheap during a sale for heaps of oil.

Personally, I wont use anything but Ryco on my car, simply because I know where they are tested and ive seen them been tested. I dont have any issue recommending Wesfil because theyre a great cheaper alternative. But "home brand" filters. Wont touch them. Sure they may be the same internals, but the warranty and the guarantee isnt there (or as good or accessible) like it is with Ryco for example.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
OK guys, well I just went and bought the Repco one. Got home- wrong one, Doh!!! Lucky I live just up the road, so took it back and the same bloke appoligetically gave me the correct one at no extra charge.(Was a bit bigger than the first one he gave me) Looks ok, I suppose there's probably not much difference in the filter material and the way they're constructed.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I prefer Ryco filters, but if there isn't any available, then Repco would be the second option. But Ryco filters are always available.

We use Repco filters on customers cars at work and never had a problem.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Ryco filters are better

I put a ryco filter on a TD hilux and it then started to pull oil through the seals into the intake housing, apparently the ryco ones filter the air a lot better but restrict the intake a little bit too much...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
+1 again for buying this kind of stuff when its on sale.
Someone said Repco sells oil cheap? Where i shop Repco and Supercheap are next door to each other - Awesome arrangement.
I go into Repco first to check their prices and then visit supercheap and compare. Needless to say i hardly ever return to Repco as Supercheap are often 10% cheaper or more. But of course if you can't find something on the shelf at SC i have learnt the hard way over the years not to even bother asking for help - thats when i go back to Repco because at least they look up parts for you.

I don't think there should be too much issue with a Repco air filter. At least its easy to change out if you don't like it for some reason.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR