Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// Trayners VZ SS 6.0L Thunder Ute

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Yeah, I'm with Jecs, not 100% sold on the chrome...
Would look phat if it was black though - plastidip it?
Yeah I think I still have a can of dip somewhere that I can try . Only problem is I dont want the strip to disappear into the bonnet being all black. Maybe carbon wrap ?

I to would paint it black. But thats also because i put a hsv one on mine and painted it black. I like the idea of the grill. I currently have my lion painted black so will be watching your progress.

Cheers man , just need the motivation to get into it lol

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
going by how the strip looks on the HSV's it doesn't really disappear when colour matched.
just need to have a crack at it and paint it the same colour to see how it comes out.

if the ute had some more shiny stuff on it, it would probably blend in though.
but the all black look makes it stand out like dogs balls :p

still looking good though tray

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I also think the bonnet lip would look good glossy black, but the chrome looks nice in some of those angles, so I bet it does look good in person.
Interested in the progress on the grille, I must admit not a huge fan of the VZ grille. Would love to just get a black mesh replacement - think that would look pretty good. I thought about trying to hollow one out with some cutters, a file and a dremel and then back it with mesh but haven't given it a go yet.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
going by how the strip looks on the HSV's it doesn't really disappear when colour matched.
just need to have a crack at it and paint it the same colour to see how it comes out.

if the ute had some more shiny stuff on it, it would probably blend in though.
but the all black look makes it stand out like dogs balls :p

still looking good though tray

Yeah i agree , Ive seen it on a green and a red clubsport. but never a black one

I also think the bonnet lip would look good glossy black, but the chrome looks nice in some of those angles, so I bet it does look good in person.
Interested in the progress on the grille, I must admit not a huge fan of the VZ grille. Would love to just get a black mesh replacement - think that would look pretty good. I thought about trying to hollow one out with some cutters, a file and a dremel and then back it with mesh but haven't given it a go yet.

Yeah it looks way different in person then it does in pics , the camera cant really pick up the proper chrome . Yeah havent made any progress with the grille yet lol been to busy at work atm. And Just want to sit on the couch haha. will get back into thou when I get a chance

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Sprayed the chrome strip black with plastidip and gave it a coat with the plastidip clear coat too
came up pretty good , From a distance can't really see it . But up close it looks mad .

Also pretty much have a sourced a full manual conversion off a vz thunder , so need to pay for it and pick it up :thumbsup:

20150718_145235.jpg

20150718_145311.jpg