Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tub to metal tray conversion

Mattyvustorm

Reaction score
Members Ride
?
Hey Hey!, I have a 2002 vu ute, that I want to convert from tub to metal tray.. I'm not sure if this is even possible (side panel is all one big panel) but I thought I'd bring it up an see if I could get some opinions.. Do you think it's worth the trouble? Anyone know roughly how much?
Cheers, hope to hear back.
Matty.

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
I have not seen a Vu with a flat tray ..falcons yes

you could just ask a tray fitting company ..in your city ... this one is in brissy Contact Us - Bris Ute Trays And Racks

a VU ... if it has one long panel would need a panel cutting shaping and then the tray

you could also approach a panel beater

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I don't think it would be worth the trouble. I would image that it would be a very expensive conversion, especially if you need to get someone to do it.

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Expensive exercise , cutting the tray and fabricating a new cab rear panel , re painting , adding mounts for alloy tray , cost of tray
Will end up close to what a 2 nd hand ute would cost. , a GU patrol wagon cutdown and trayed is around. $8-10 thou

b0tch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Sportwagon
Holden released a tray top one tonner in the VY/VZ series....maybe thats a better/easier alternative over cutting and shutting tour current ute?

Mattyvustorm

Reaction score
Members Ride
?
Thanks everyone for replys, I will be looking into one tonners, I just wanted to keep the ute, she has done me wonders so far!!