Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo "Just around the corner"

CAFA_TF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS v6 3.8, 76 LX and VT SS gen3
mmmm

i recon you can get 500 fw kw out of anything if you have the money.....

its weather you started with a reliable engine or not
all holden need to work on is ther epower steering pump and aircon........
ford needs to work on the oval governer

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
goVY said:
I say that because all the Flawed fans seem to think that the xr6t is the next best thing since white sliced bread.

Fortunately the XR6T's success isn't only the opinion of Bogan Ford fans, it's the opinion of leading workshops who aren't Manufacturer disabled, Motoring Journalists and most importantly motoring enthusisists across the country.

While the manufacturer rivalary will always dominate motorsport, and fans will always swing either way. The V8 Super Cars series no longer reflects production cars in Australia and just like the mullet, deadly serious favouritism is going out of fashion fast.

I love Commodores. I'd love to see the Alloytec boosted and become another Aussie Cult car don't get me wrong but it doesn't mean I discount the facts

CAFA_TF said:
i recon you can get 500 fw kw out of anything if you have the money.....

its weather you started with a reliable engine or not
all holden need to work on is ther epower steering pump and aircon........
ford needs to work on the oval governer

I'd say a factory bottom end capable of supporting 500+kw is pretty reliable. Not to mention how many times the APS mule would have been on and off the dyno revving it's head off . This wasn't with spending any more money than most VT owners would spend on a bodykit and exhaust.

Anyway back to the Alloytec ;)

Last edited:

CAFA_TF

Reaction score
Members Ride
in a nice way

i realize where talking about 6s and all, sure he might have a stock end stock xr6 turbo bottom end which im pritty sure isnt a ford 6 bottom end

but then again i have a mate with a boss 260 ford use and has done 20000 kays and blowen his dif into 4 parts.........im interested ,has this car his 21000
yet

hell is this a commodore site anywho
al this is ment with respect just putting in my 5 cents

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
It may be a commodore site, but theres nothing wrong with opening your eyes once and then I guess. Each car has its pro's and con's.. You hear what you want when you follow a certain Make of car.

CAFA_TF

Reaction score
Members Ride
*gets put back into place*
thanks ;)

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Don't worry the same questions are popping up on all Holden/Ford discussion forums, I've just read 8 pages of arguement and speculation at LS1.

Bottom line is we won't know until it's released and get first hand experience by driving one and waiting to see what workshops do with them. Some workshops have already preordered HF6's for R&D. Even after the release everyone will stilll have conflicting opinions.... but it makes life and discussion more interesting.

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
i hope they are not expecting a twin turbo.... no room on the drivers side at all..lol

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Its unfortunante but Jake is right. We can deny it all we like but Ford have really hit a niche with their turbo 6. It was always a bold move but sure enough the market was there, and it remains the only large family saloon with a big engine and a hairdryer.

If Holden plan to turbo the HFV6 and make it a success - and shut the competition up, then its going to need to be a bolder move still. I believe the reason they are waiting for the VE before sticking a blown HFV6 of any sort out is that they know damn well it would be a marketing disaster, the V6 needing more than 250kW to make a dent whilst the current VZ Gen 3 V8 is only putting out that much!! Sure, it may rise to 255kW in the series two, but thats bugger all of a change.

My uncle made me swear when I was 13 that i'd never own a Ford, and I shall stay true to that forever. I for one am looking to the VE as the next major resurgence of the lions domonation, not the VZ. By that stage, the HFV6 should be sweet and include the much rumored blown version, and the introduction of the Gen 4 V8 should have Holden lovers everywhere grunting!!

Its not that I don't like the VZ, its just I don't get worked up about V6's!!

Mike

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Fair enough, But you have to give credit where credit is due..

As you said ford is defientally on a winner with the BA XR's both the turbo 6's and the v8's.

Even the new Gen wont have anything on the BA XR8 Quad Cam V8.

The new v8 is only rated @ 400hp and 546nm or torque..

CAFA_TF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Theres so much love in this room