Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

twin exhast for v6 help

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
hi im gona be doin a nu exhaust for my v6 and i need opinions.
i want twin pipes cause i want it to sound as beasty as pos. heres wot iv been dreamin up.
extractors into twin 2 inch, no cats as its nz spec, two long coby resonaters (one each side) merging into 1 single 2 and half inch pipe just before the diff,out the back im not sure wat type of rear muffler to have fitted? defnaty strat through tho.
i was thinkin it would be cool to have some type of dump pipe straight after the diff exiting to the side a bit with a removable cap (old hotrod style) 4 the drags.
wat i need to no is is, is 2 inch the best size for the first section? and 2 and half best for the rear part? i would like it to flo the best it can.
wher should balance pipes(1 or 2) be fitted? or should i go with a x pipe?
all opinions would b great as if been searching the net for agis and i dont no if this has been done before on a na v6

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Just put a Sports V8 system on it.........Off the shelf, works a treat...Believe me!!

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
is the sport v8 system a twin pipe all the way or just to the diff? how much do these go for?

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
is the sport v8 system a twin pipe all the way or just to the diff? how much do these go for?

You can get either, Mine is Twin all then way, with an X Pipe just after the Cat's...Sounds Grouse, and goes very well!!
About $450 cat Back last time I checked....

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
if you want twin exhaust, whya re you merging it, why not just keep it twin 2" all the way through, have a decent straight through muffler in each pipe and a cat. and youll have a decent note.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You can get either, Mine is Twin all then way, with an X Pipe just after the Cat's...Sounds Grouse, and goes very well!!
About $450 cat Back last time I checked....

Won't go on a VN though, it's a live axle. It will be difficult to put a twin system all the way through on a live axle car. It can be done but it's not straight forward.

What you originally wanted is fine, twin 2" off extractors, but I would run them side by side down the same side and into a twin in single out straight through muffler, then 2 1/2" out the back.

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
cheers for evyones input, yea the reason i was planin for single out the rear was cause there ant much room between diff an body on the solid axle vns.
il b lookin into these v8 of the shelf sistems i think an way up the cost o gettin one made up (my dads a mean welder so il just have to buy pipes an mufflers)
will post pix wen its all done

derore

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport r8
yeah my ve clubsport has the cats removed the first big factory muffler removed the two origional sausages left in twin pipes all the way through and the origional rear mufflers changed for fast flows sounds good but it needs the sausages changed to fatter coby resonaters anyone with the same kind of set up this is nz standards

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
9 years....epic.