Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[ULIEKTHIS] - iChris' LS1 Statesman

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Thanks mate. That's actually quite reasonable, and I didn't realise they were custom embroidered.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I can't figure out how to remove the numberplate garnish to re-paint the black in the middle. it has a few screws on either side of the numberplate lights but it's still held in somehow. I'll probably just wait until the car is dry and tape it all up and attempt to do it while it's still on the car.

Hey Chris,

If its anything like the boot numberplate garnishes it should have 4 nuts holding in the studs, 1 screw going threw up the garnish and also the numberplate lights connected would also be holding it in.

RE: the floor mats. how long did it take for them to get to you. Maybe I can rekindle my custom SSZ floor mat dream :O

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the info on the garnish.

the company that made them are in perth, located in carlisle just off orrong road. I ordered them and they where ready a week later. I ordered it all by email. just told them what car I had and what I wanted done and where on the mat. they did the rest and gave me a buzz when they where ready to be picked up.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
went to the licensing center and swapped the plates on the statesmans this arvo. the ones on the WK are not very old, we just simply transferred the plates from the WK (1EGZ 747) to the VR and (ULIEKTHIS) to the WK.

was going to paint the inside of the numberplate garnish but one of the clips is broken on the left side so I didn't want to remove it and not be able to get it in again so I'll just look for one in better nick.

null_zpsb0713522.jpg

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
To keep the factory look that I'm going for with this car I'm probably better off keeping the factory wheels. I've decided I want to get the WK rims polished and cleaned up. the result I'm after is this:

null_zpsac6f4adf.jpg

that's my factory spare wheel.

any perth members know of any workshops I can get this done at?

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Try the guy in east cannington by the train station. Perth wheel repair 9451 5238

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Oh I'll polish your rim for you

Seriously though, maybe Uneeda Panel and Paint will be able to help with getting them nice and shiny?

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just was quoted $250 per wheel to polish them and re-create the finish. Apparently those marks are where the surface finish has worn away from the wheel and it would need to be re-crated. It's heaps of little tiny lines etched into the alloy and it needs to be done by machine. They suggested I have the wheels painted at $120 each or it will be cheaper to get a new set D:

really tempted to put my eleanors on it just to see how they look.

Last edited: