Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[ULIEKTHIS] - iChris' LS1 Statesman

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
I just was quoted $250 per wheel to polish them and re-create the finish. Apparently those marks are where the surface finish has worn away from the wheel and it would need to be re-crated. It's heaps of little tiny lines etched into the alloy and it needs to be done by machine. They suggested I have the wheels painted at $120 each or it will be cheaper to get a new set D:

really tempted to put my eleanors on it just to see how they look.

And I really want to see how they look on it, shouldn't take more than 25 mins to change them over, even with a factory jack. Also, with regards to your factory rims, might be worth talking to ari666 as I believe that he was looking at clearing some of his rims, he might know a bit more about it?

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
yeah I'll keep that in mind.

the VR is parked in my brother's shed out in serpentine. I'm going down there over the weekend so I'll do it then. the trouble being the eleanors are 19's with low profiles and I'm not sure if they will fit without scrubbing or making the WK look like a hilux with a lift kit.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Only one way to find out !

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't normally ask for people's opinions but....

whats everyone's opinion on the waterfall style grille from the Park Avenue - will it suit the WK or not?

2010-buick-park-avenue-9.jpg

2004-Buick-Park-Avenue-Sedan-Iamge-02-1600.jpg

and to fit the WK
$T2eC16ZHJGIE9nnWrPM9BRNBYE!9jQ~~60_57.JPG

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I tried the eleanors on the WK today and I've decided I like them on the car. turns out they are a versatile wheel and would suit alot of cars due to their simple design. just did one side and let it down to see how they look. I didn't put the whole set on as I need some new tyers for them as 2 are badly camber worn (the 19's have 245/35ZR19's on them, I have no idea how much they would be worth) I'll look into getting some new tyres sometime this week and when that's done I'll put the WK mags on the VR. by the looks of things too I'll need to get some lowered springs, it sits a few inches too high for my liking.

also still waiting for my new numberplate garnish, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

null_zpsf87a240f.jpg

null_zps118bde9b.jpg

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
iChris' V8 WK Statesman

Mate, love the look of the Eleanor's on the WK. I agree with the front at least needing a touch of lowering, the back probably needs some too but can't really tell from the photo. Glad I pushed you to try them since you like them :D they are defiantly not as understated as the stock rims but I definitely like the Eleanor's more than the WK's

Edit: the OD of the 19s is 654.1mm and the WK's are 664.mm so the stock rims are actually bigger than the 19's

Sent from my iPhone

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks. they are a pretty simple looking wheel so they suit the simple lines of the statesman. they have 245/35ZR19 tyers on them, so I'm probably looking at about $300 a wheel for new rubber methinks.

also had a good look at the bushings while the wheels where off, it has pretty new looking nolathane bushings throughout by the looks of things so that's a plus. the brakes will need to be done soon, they are down to about 50% so I'll get some new slotted and drilled discs with painted hubs when I get around to doing that. I was going to do a zorst first but the wheels and brakes will be taking first priority.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
That grill idea you had. I think it would look good.
Might need a stand up emblem to pull it off.

It's definitely worth a PhotoShop.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah 300ea is probably pretty close, depending on brand etc.

Good news on the bushings mate, always better to know what's going on there too. Oh yeah, slotted will look awesome behind the Eleanor's, do the statesmans come with the bigger brakes due to being the bigger car? Because all the V8 Crewmans came with the HSV sized fronts and Holden rear brakes. Would look really good with the big brakes lined up behind those 19's.
I understand brakes and wheels coming first, especially when you have the wheels already and brakes will always come first but 50% could last a while with only being a weekender. The slotted will look nicer though... and have a better stopping feel.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
well there is what looks like a cutout underneath the bonnet near the catch to fit a stand up badge. it's something I'm going to consider when I get some panel work done down the line as the bonnet is covered in old stone chips from being a country car.

null_zps13170ecb.jpg