Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unknown vacuum line on vz clubsport (LS2)

WARNER01

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me what this, presumably, vacuum line runs to?

Pulled the OTR off my LS2 last night to clean the throttle body and now it's idling very high and have noticed this unplugged... Cannot see where it's supposed to go either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 6,102

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Looks like it's been cut. Most people will plumb it to a catch can. It's a fresh air vent for your rocker cover. They are usually plumbed into the standard airbox. It will have no affect on how the car idles but it does need a filter of some sort for it.
As for your high idle you may have an air leak behind your throttle body which sounds like your probable cause .

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
its your PCV line, it plugs into your PCV valve that comes of the drivers side of your TB

Pcv line comes from the valley cover to the throttle body. The one off the rocker cover goes to the standard intake. With the OTR fitted now the need for a filter or catch can to be plumbed into the rocker cover.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600

That's an ls1 . This is also ls1 but is It's a bit easier to see what line is what than in your photo. Definitely not the pcv.

haryjyja.jpg

The breather on his ls2 is coming from the front right rocker cover as shown in his picture. Its common for people to just cut them when fitting OTR's even though it's very bad practice to do so.

Last edited:

WARNER01

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Thanks for all your replies! I'm going to have that fixed now!

On the idle side of things - turns out car is out of tune. Seems as though whoever tuned it last decided to drill a 7mm hole in the butterfly to compensate for a greasy throttle body - one would think it should've been cleaned before tune...

ECU unlock and retune are now in the list... Sigh, merry Christmas to me :/

Last edited:

SS-Z LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z Ute
The VZ LS1 has this going to the plastic pipe between the throttle body & the MAF not into the throttle body itself - I expect the VZ LS2 is the same. I have fitted an LS2 to my VZ SS, the LS2 90mm ETC throttle body has no provision for a pvc hose. You should look to see if you can plumb this between the MAF and Throttle Body - assuming you have a MAF or into the OTR near the throttle body if you do not have a MAF. Plumbing it before the MAF will likely cause problems with the MAF becoming dirty from oil fumes even with a catch can inline.

WARNER01

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Thanks mate. Car is MAFless so I think ill have a look at getting it plumbed into the OTR.

Cheers.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
The VZ LS1 has this going to the plastic pipe between the throttle body & the MAF not into the throttle body itself - I expect the VZ LS2 is the same. I have fitted an LS2 to my VZ SS, the LS2 90mm ETC throttle body has no provision for a pvc hose. You should look to see if you can plumb this between the MAF and Throttle Body - assuming you have a MAF or into the OTR near the throttle body if you do not have a MAF. Plumbing it before the MAF will likely cause problems with the MAF becoming dirty from oil fumes even with a catch can inline.

100% correct