Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

upgrading battery terminal

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Hi all..

I was just wondering, how do I go about adding an upgraded battery terminal to my positive on my battery? So for example, if I want to put this on:
Jaycar Electronics
how do I connect up the power wire that is used for the car's main electronics? Connecting the power for my amps will be easy, but I'm just not exactly sure how it would work with the stock power wire...

Thanks

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
on the underside of that terminal u should find some grub screws that will tightin the + wires up 4 u.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
so do I not need to worry about putting the stock power wire into one of those holes?

azzaVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wagon S1
The stock power cables would go into those bigger holes, the grubscrews to tighten them up are underneath.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah of corse u will just need 2 strip back the wire and put them into the holes n do up the gub screws n thats it.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
ok I think I'll have to ask further questions once I go and have a look, bcuz I have no idea what you mean by grub screws. So I'll look tomorrow, and will post again if any further issues..

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
grub screws r wat u usually find in inline fuses 2 hold ur power cable in place its justs a thread with an allen key head

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
ohhhh. Yeah yeah I know about all that, I know how to tighten them up.. The thing I was wondering, do I have to like cute the positive wire from the stock terminal or something? Not knowing cars inside and out, I can't exactly picture what what the positive terminal looks like at the moment, hence the questions....sorry

azzaVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wagon S1
Coz you're making a new connection, it would be smart to make the new end from a clean piece of the cable... that is, cut the cable about 1cm back from the old end, or more depending on how oxidized (rusted) the cable is.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
ahk cool. so there is some wire cutting involved. I should be able to handle it now, just had to make sure that I absolutely needed to cut some wire before I went ahead with it, to then find out I didn't need too :|, but it's all good haha.

Cheers :)