Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

upper control arm bushes

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
today i went for a roady and got knocked back for unsecured pod,upper contral arm bushes and too low. we fixed the two low problem with me showing the guy its not too low (just a d*ckhead) and i went to get some new bushes but everywhere has told me they do exchange control arms, and im not paying over 100 bucks for something that is not needed when all i need are two rubber bushes, does anyone know where i can get some bushes for it, even if they are for another part of the car but can be used for the same purpose?

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i had to replace my upper and lower control arms. it was about $15 more expansive per arm to purchace the whole arm with bushes already installed. i bought them from auto1 and they are nolathane brand

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
and i got to keep my old arms 2

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
how much did you pay for each arm (upper)

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
im not sure? i bought all 4 about a year and a half ago. not real helpful ha?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can do SuperPro polyurethane bushes, kit comes with four bushes and four crush tubes (kit does both ends of the control arm), $65 plus postage. I assume it's a live axle and not IRS?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
you need a hydraulic press to remove/replace the bushes, that's why exchange arms cost more, plus they're re-painted. arms are all the same unless you hve aftermarket boxed arms

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
As theforgotten said the bushes that are in your current arms are a press fit.

If you have the use of a press then they are not too bad to change.

I just did mine last week using the change over arms and it took me about 15 minutes per side to change them over.

If you buy just the rubbers then you are going to have to take your arms out drive somewhere to get them pressed out and new ones pressed in then drive back and put it all back together.

My advice is by the arms that are done and save yourself some time.

I paid about $40 each arm i think it was. I got mine from Burson Auto. Well worth it.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
you dont need a press, just a good well mounted vice, a few pieces of odds and ends like nuts, a few bolts and different sized washers.

You can then use the vice to force the old ones out and the new ones in with ease.

I did it on my rear upper control arms, Rubber bushes can be bought from holden service centers spare parts section for about 20 odd dollers each. Personally I refuse to use nolathane on anything except the sway bar link arms, simply because I hate the rougher ride.

If your in Melbourne i'd be happy to help you.