Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Urgent]A quick speaker installation question!

Jordan [VN]

VN Thrasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
Hey, I was wondering, what are those things called that you mount onto your car doors for speakers to be installed onto? I have one of them but I broke the other one trying to mount it (yeah, i was angry and cracked it). They are those round plastic mounting blocks that add more depth so you can install speakers in the doors.

I need to know what they are actually called and where I can get some from as I broke one...

Cheers guys.

canabl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR/II 5L UTE
they are usually referred to as speaker mounting plates from the vr vs model,s they can be bought from holden direct or any wrecker. Im guessing you have had your vn doors upgraded to this design, or do you have the 4" speakers in the dash still.
they only a $5 dollar wrecker parts anyhow.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon

Jordan [VN]

VN Thrasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
Cheers guys, I still have the crappy 4" speakers in the dash still, d/c them ones and I'm putting the 6x9s in the doors on spacers.

Thanks guys for the response. Much needed help - got it all in now, wired up. Just waiting on one more spacer.

canabl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR/II 5L UTE
spacer

so u have cut out the doors so the speaker will fit in there, double check the magnet clears the window when down and it also clears the door plunger that stops the door flying open and closed.
6x9s up front will sound good, but a set of 6 inch would also do the job when powered properly of a good amp.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
6x9s in the front doors....mate they are gonna need some serious spacers not to mention alot of metal cut out from the door itself (illegal).