Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Conversion For Vb To Vk

Maniac_Zone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V6 Berlina
Hi Danny, a vk v6 conversion is really not that costly as long as you know what your doing, the best sites to use for vk v6 conversions would be either this site just look up the forums under vb-vk or v6 conversion from vb-vk or you could use this site VK Calais Project it is also known as v6vktk. Both sites have step by step guides, but if you need anymore help private post me or email me at [email protected] as I have just recently been doing this conversion. Goodluck with your decisions, Rob.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
for reference for any body doing the V6 conversion with T5 trans, this may help sort the problem of finding a gear drive to suit a cable driven speedo

I had to go and see FORD - to get a gear for inside the T5 (same as AU model) so that the speedo cable spins corectly - I honestly can't remember the colour it was either Pink or Brown. Holden do not sell this part. I had to unscrew the speedo from the T5, and the gear bit goes into the T5. Hope that helps a little...

there is a picture in this thread for further reference, see post #2 http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/electrical-wiring-questions/89466-auto-manual-wiring-vs.html

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
How have people got around an electronic speedo in the auto v6 box being able to read on the mechanical speedo dash?

petroleum

Reaction score
Members Ride
'89 VN Commodore
gday i got a few questions i dont think i saw answered but forgive me if u have already. Is it basically the same method to convert into a vh? also crs and stuff sell the kits but do u really need it all?? cant most of it be modified to fit? and also when bolting up the vn k-frame can u leave it with the vn power steering rack?

pete82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk executive
my vk conversion

can any one help me i want to put a vx motor into my vk how much trouble is it my vk is only an extc and i know all about the fuel lines and what not but any info will be appreciated

hdt_sle05

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle
vt v6 into vh commodore

hey guys just wondering if anyone has tackled this kind of conversion as im almost finished and pretty much just have the wiringloom and selecter to do but was wondering if there is an dramas to look out for with putting in the vt one in or with staying with the vh one i understand that with the vh one i might possibly lose first gear as it wont be able to slide down to first gear??? any help would be good

GMH_VC

vitamin C
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vc Commodore
anyone got pic's of v6 transplant into vc?

Hi everyone im new to just commodores and am also doing a v6 conversion into my vc just wanted to know if anyone has some pics of there v6 installed into the car and aslo want to know if there is anyone in vic that dose the kit to transplant the motor. thanks

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
I am doing the V6 T5 conversion into a VB. Can anyone advise me the best way, any way, cheapest way to connect the speedo. I prefer to keep the existing speedo.

Thanks Pete

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
BT50............ while the vk is rebuilt
Hi everyone im new to just commodores and am also doing a v6 conversion into my vc just wanted to know if anyone has some pics of there v6 installed into the car and aslo want to know if there is anyone in vic that dose the kit to transplant the motor. thanks

Here is mine not long after installation and after a couple of years runnning.

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
BT50............ while the vk is rebuilt
I am doing the V6 T5 conversion into a VB. Can anyone advise me the best way, any way, cheapest way to connect the speedo. I prefer to keep the existing speedo.

Thanks Pete

When i did mine i had a Ford speedo gear fitted to the end of the cable and it was reading very true. However it wasn't running a speed sensor. How the auto elec got around the speed sensor im not sure