Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 manual flywheel bolt torque settings?

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
I know I know do a search. Well I didn't find the info I needed. Not even on google.
Anyway can some one with a work shop manual tell me what the torque is on both the manual v6 flywheel bolts and also the pressure plate bolts .

Cheers.

P.S. someone guess now much the flywheel bolts cost?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
my VN manual says 90Nm. figure it must be the same for the VP. if you purchased the new bolts from Holden you probably got ripped

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah sure did. looked every where and couldn't get after market. sign most expensive part for its size and weight on the whole car. 57 buks

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
that got be series one you talking about there. holy crap 90nm is like 67 ft lb yeah that more than head bolts on a ford. they are only 8mm tiny little things.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the flywheel bolts are torque to yield. which means they are a one time use bolt. what happens is it is torqued up to the point where the bolt is stretched beyond it's elastic ability (will return to it's original length when removed) into what they refer to as plastic deformation. i.e. when the bolt is removed it stays deformed (stretched).

i purchased ARP bolts for mine which are re-usable and only cost me NZ$16 for 6. although it helps that my flywheel bolts are the same as the chev 350 flywheel bolts :)

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah that would help. mine are these weird looking small things. lol the bolts holding shifter on the box are bigger

HDT_racer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Supercharged
Just went through the same thing today for my VP. Flywheel bolts from Holden were $13 each x 8, OUCH. When I went to pick them up they were just grade 8, 5/16 unc with a bit of loctite splashed on them. Off to buy some tomorrow for about a dollar each!!!!!

Dunno if the Holden ones were torque to yield or not, certainly didn't look like a TTY bolt.

Last edited: