Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

vc81

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
hey. I was at your shop with a mate when he come to pick up spacers. And u mentioned something about heads for $1100. I was just after some more details because im quite interested in it. I dont know if i was dreaming or not or did i read about heads capleable of supporting 2.25 ratio rockers and working well with stage 3 cam?
Thanks.
Jake

Hi mace what's the specs on these heads for $1100. Thanks.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
hey mace, just wondering if you sell the modular hub's seperate? if so how much are they?

sorry just found the price list on ebay................. its not on your mace web site/or i couldnt find it, only found pully's and pully kits

Last edited:

tailhappy vn

I H8 FORDS
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr auto vr v6 5spd vt v6 wagon
Wat 2 do

hi mace i own a vn v6 t5 bt1 wich has geni extractors 2.5 exhaust with hot dog n cold air intake im looking 4 a bit more go but not sure wat 2 do 4 my next step n was wonderin if u had any ideas that wont blow the budget lol.. i was thinking maybe head work a cam but wat stage??? or a bigger throttle body if possible. or is their a easier way.. CHEERS..:hmmm:

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
hi mace i own a vn v6 t5 bt1 wich has geni extractors 2.5 exhaust with hot dog n cold air intake im looking 4 a bit more go but not sure wat 2 do 4 my next step n was wonderin if u had any ideas that wont blow the budget lol.. i was thinking maybe head work a cam but wat stage??? or a bigger throttle body if possible. or is their a easier way.. CHEERS..:hmmm:

hey how are ya, im in same boat, same mods as yourself and looking for more haha, cheapest way for yourself would be roller rockers, if you can fit a cam yourself go for it thats cheaper again (if you can do it by yourself) and you also run the risk of spinning cam bearings after 1000km and also with a cam you need a computer to dial it in, ask delco he makes some good chips ive heard, or if you want that bit of extra power go for a dyno tune.

bigger size throttle body will just give you more throttle response, not more horses

and for cam size i would go stage 3, crow cam is what im going

roller rockers ive heard from some people to go a 1.7 ratio rockers with a cam, but im going 1.8 ratio

if you want more than those 2 put together, get it bored out, which is what im doing, costs $2500 all up, thats with roller rockers, stage 3 cam, bored out 20, oversized pistons, graphite gasket set, new cam bearings installed, motor sent away, all this for $2500

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
bigger throttle body will allow more air per combustion meaning more fuel per combustion meaning more horses, IF you get it tuned to allow more air

MACE

Reaction score
Hi mace what's the specs on these heads for $1100. Thanks.

Hey vc81,

In regards to the head specs they're shown in the link below

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/mace-engineering/96810-v6-peformance-parts-8.html

They they're no flow figures as every flow bench is different, but they flow very closely to some very high end heads from the states, which we tested on the same flow bench. This is important as flow benches tend to vary more then dyno's :( The only thing extra we do now is chamber work

hey mace, just wondering if you sell the modular hub's seperate? if so how much are they?

sorry just found the price list on ebay................. its not on your mace web site/or i couldnt find it, only found pully's and pully kits

In regards to pricing you have a PM :)

If you can wait we'll most likely have 1.9:1 ratio rockers to suit your VN very soon which would represent the best bang for buck :) Otherwise if you want to go further with heads and cam we can supply these as well ;)

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
will the ultra high ratio roller rockers work with a vs with the very basic duel fuel setup? (on gas obviously) cheers.

nermal

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v6 statesman
hey just wondering if you could send me the prices for the performance plenum spacers and the high ratio rockers

cheers:)

nermal

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v6 statesman
hey just wondering if you could send me the prices for the performance plenum spacers and the high ratio rockers

cheers:)

dont worry i just decided to scope out your website and i came across the prices, its been about a year since ive been on your website an couldnt help to notice that you have jazzed it up a fair bit since i saw it last:spot on:

MACE

Reaction score
will the ultra high ratio roller rockers work with a vs with the very basic duel fuel setup? (on gas obviously) cheers.

Hey deanb123,

The ultra high ratio rockers will work on even a very basic duel fuel setup and will certainly transform your ride :)

dont worry i just decided to scope out your website and i came across the prices, its been about a year since ive been on your website an couldnt help to notice that you have jazzed it up a fair bit since i saw it last:spot on:

Thanks for the kind words :thumbsup: it has changed a fair bit since about a year ago but there are still a few tweaks that need to be done ;)

Cheers
Steve