Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Statesman?

A

Anto

Does anyone know about the V6 suoer charged statesmans such as what their like performance and fuel wise?

DEDMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS STATESMAN S/C V6
Vs Statesman Serie's 11 165kw
VS Statesman Serie's 111 171kw

Vs Caprice Serie's 11 165kw
Vs Caprice Serie's 111 171kw

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
My new VSII S/C Calais goes pretty hard ;)

averaging about 13L/100km with a mix of freeway (uphill), freeway (downhill) and driving around town like a tool... hehe... its new still ;)

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Not quite... it has stronger internals... and obviously the supercharger :)

They pack a fair punch.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
theyre smooth and when the charger kicks in on acceleration, they take off like a rocket

they have a blow off valve, so the charger only kicks in under heavy acceleration, which means economy is like a normal ecotec unless you give it a boot

the charger is supposed to last the life of the vehicle, so theres no additional service on that

check engine mounts if u get one tho, i found mine were cracked 1/2 way thru, and the rear tranny mount has a shake in it as well, which i havent got to yet.

besides that you wont be disappointed

i average 15l/100 doing only city driving with constant stop/start, and giving it a boot here and there

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
ill add, if youre getting one with leather interior, just about all of them are stuffed on the right hand side on the drivers seat

also if its a bit hard, head down to a saddlery shop and get "effax" its an austrian saddle cream, and applying that every few weeks over 6 months or so will bring it back pretty good

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Mmmmm and they have an awesome stock exhaust system, quiet though.

Twin cat, twin muffler 2" into 2.25" single ressie system... getting mine chopped after the mufflers in favour of a twin 2.25" into 3" job... there will be some sound clips in my ride thread later today :)

Forced 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III Caprice
As an average (depending how you drive of course)

My VS Caprice brings back low-mid 8's on the highway (98RON Ultimate) and around the city 13-15l/100kms.

As for performance... does Barge or Tugboat mean anything to you :D