Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 turbo kits?

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
yes i know this will be a widely covered topic before but theoretically the turbo used on the 2.8 litre V6 used in European large sedans, should be able to fit our 3.6s( non SIDI) i know there would need to be some extra custom work. i.e. the computer, exhaust and intake piping ( its on the other side for the euro spec models) i have the SIDI engine anyway... was just doing some internet surfing and the idea came to me. is there anyone else out there that would have a better idea then me? please comment.

oh the joys of having a car from the biggest auto maker in the world.

File:Opel_insignia_4T_opc.jpg

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
wouldnt the turbo for a 2.8 be a little bit on the small side for a 3.6? I'm wondering if it would run out of puff higher up in the rev range. Would spool up quick though.

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
wouldnt the turbo for a 2.8 be a little bit on the small side for a 3.6? I'm wondering if it would run out of puff higher up in the rev range. Would spool up quick though.

to an extent. but that turbo on a 2.8 makes 230-240 kw. to me that doesnt sound so small. even if the turbo is upgraded all of the plumbing should be around the same.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Proflow make a kit for 7~8k, then add another 3k~4k for a haltech and it still cant control the electronic throttle body. If you bought the manifolds off them im sure any decent shop could plumb it up. You would just need a really good dyno tune to pull it together. CHE and hpf are a couple tuners that can do the sidi. Fuel pump wont handle much psi on the sidi motor as well so add another 1.5k for that, mace engineering can flash tune it so another option.

There are a few getting around. Majority of guys that have told me they were going to turbo it have all been dreamers.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Sounds like it would be cheaper to just get a V8... Then turbo that for some BIIIG power :p

But in all seriousness, the numbers you'd be getting (Depending on the turbo you go for etc) aren't going to be dramatically higher then what say an SS would produce as standard + you're opening yourself up to all sorts of headaches with computers, etc... Not to mention insurance.

beasso81au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
I know im jumping on an old thread but what about just throwing in the 2.8 complete motor? Get higher revs and better feul econ... plus easier to upgrade the turbos and tune later down the track?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk