Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Performance Parts

MACE

Reaction score
has that 304 manifold come off the shelf yet still sooooo interested lol plus im thinking my throttle body needs to changed to a 70mm help me!

Yeah Mace - would be interested in a v8 twin throttle setup also. Are you able to prioritise it up the list a little maybe??

How much for one of your CAI for a non-afm VP V8 mate?

Sorry guys we won't be developing a twin throttle manifold to suit the 5L's

However we may look at developing a modified factory manifold down the track.

We can supply you with a 70mm throttle body to suit for $220, while the CAI's to VN-VP 5L's for $250

Any more questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers
Steve :thumbsup:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Hi,

A mate said he thinks he has one of your throttle bodies(bought it 2nd hand actually),he fitted it up & says it makes a whistling sound..new gaskets,cleaned out the throttle body etc.

Is there a fix to stopping it from whistling?

MACE

Reaction score
Hi,

A mate said he thinks he has one of your throttle bodies(bought it 2nd hand actually),he fitted it up & says it makes a whistling sound..new gaskets,cleaned out the throttle body etc.

Is there a fix to stopping it from whistling?

It's easy to tell if it our throttle body as ours has aluminum bushes installed inside the throttle body housing where the vacuum ports are, unlike other competitors on the market who use nothing or a bit of putty :spew:

This stops the whistling among other issues hence the reason why we go the the trouble of installing them. If it is one of ours I'm more then happy to look at it under warranty

Cheers
Steve :)

MACE

Reaction score
Here are some recent testing that we had undertaken on our 1.9:1 ratio rockers to suit LS1's. As you can see as a genuine bolt on item they certainly work, with no loss anywhere in the rev range only gains :) Here is what Grant @ Custom Tuning had to say about the item...

"Hey Steve,

We'll I have a definitive answer for you, with rockers 253.9 rwKw, with standard rockers & all exact same conditions 241.9 rwKW!
So In summary an extra 12 Kw, extra 20 Nm of torque, rev's out & hold's the power for an extra few hundred RPM all this at no extra weight as there designed from the standard rocker weight & design!

There is a brief dyno log of stuff to show in excel & the dyno jpg shot's!

Cheers Grant @ Custom Tuning!"

Cheers
Steve :)

Attachments

• standard & Hi rockers & duty cycle & torqueMKII.JPG
    standard & Hi rockers & duty cycle & torqueMKII.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 255

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Very interesting indeed, I gather they are an easy and quick change over like the V6 rockers sets ....yeah?

Would be nice little addition to an LS1 with budget blower kit too ;)

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey mace, prob a stupid question lol but are there any high ratio rocker kits for the new L98 6L? id imagine they have a similar rocker setup as the ls1 however i could be wrong

MACE

Reaction score
Very interesting indeed, I gather they are an easy and quick change over like the V6 rockers sets ....yeah?

Would be nice little addition to an LS1 with budget blower kit too ;)

They certainly are :) The only thing we would suggest though is that the valve springs are upgraded as they're sad even on standard cars once you start revving them past 5 grand :(

Hey mace, prob a stupid question lol but are there any high ratio rocker kits for the new L98 6L? id imagine they have a similar rocker setup as the ls1 however i could be wrong

We don't have any to suit at the moment, but they're out there I think (?). The inlet rocker from memory is the same while the exhaust one is similar but is offset. I would imagine that they would work quite well with the 6L :)

hurricane ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
hi steve from MACE ENGINEERING just after a quick answer,I noticed in the STREET COMMODORES mag and there was a new throttle body for the LS1 and i was wondering do you goes have them and if you do what do they cost ie are they 80mm cheers

MACE

Reaction score
hi steve from MACE ENGINEERING just after a quick answer,I noticed in the STREET COMMODORES mag and there was a new throttle body for the LS1 and i was wondering do you goes have them and if you do what do they cost ie are they 80mm cheers

Hey hurricane ss,

We do have these in stock but not advertised on our site at the moment (should have something in the next few weeks). The price at the moment is $220, they are a new 80mm throttle body.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

hurricane ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
cool Steve,im in Perth and how do i go about ordering one and would you be able to organize postage to Perth and what would the price inc postage be.Also mate do i just bolt on my sensors/iac motor and would i need to use my throttle linkage.And one final question mate what gains would i get from it ie my car has cam/otr/4-into1/twin2.5''/udp/ thanks for you time Steve and would i be able to order one next week cheers