Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black Pearl (Rocket 88)

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Combustion phasing design by Guerra Group, camshaft ground by Geoff Skinner of EPS on a Comp VVT core using dual spec lobes. Valvetrain is Spintron engineered, Yella Terra 1.85 roller rockers atop Manley pushrods on Delphi II Deac hydraulic roller lifters.

Core is the high squish smallest chamber at 14:1 compression topped with hollow stainless valves and 821 control heads ex Brute Ute series.

The 6.1l - 370ci foundation is a TPP and line-honed, decked L77 aluminum block with lightweight forged, relieved JE pistons and Scat rods.

ARP fasteners used throughout. Precision windage and balanced, fitted with a Fluidampr.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
AARRRRrrrrrrr he be back.

MerchantsMarauders.jpg

I took your advise and switched to E85.

Then this happened. Need another pump though.

Do you have a dyno print out of your black beast.

IMG_3007_zpsyx0i0y1l.jpg

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Do you have a dyno print out of your black beast.

Yes somewhere, I scan and tune daily so not all that fussed caning arse off it to measure max HP often.
Main focus has been torque via VVT phaser and spark, frankly didn't expect 33° WOT with smallest high squish chamber 5900.
Yeah I could get more HP if I puffed up the VE to something ridiculous with a centri, but I drive this daily and don't want to compromise the sort of tractability it has now.
Actually now I'm happy with max output looking to the other end for efficiency, with high ethanol at high compression, just over 2.3 litres on Atkinson Cycle and AFM.
In effect is the opposite way to scale a 2.x litre 4cyl up to 600+ hp using high comp and ethanol combustion phasing only vs supercharging.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Looks like your putting in lots of R & D. I am a big fan of E85 now. I chew though heaps. Drinks it like a fish. 20l/100 general driving

Hub dyno is the ultimate tuning tool. All the slip is taken out.

I now run less boost. The torque down low is incredible.