Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars 2014

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
For me, it's not about Ambrose coming back but more about having an internationally successful team trying their hand at our game. I'd love to see a bigger injection of overseas teams to expand the field to 30 full time cars and have, say, 4 more cars as wild cards for Bathurst. Penske would certainly have the technical know how but would a rookie team be able to convert it into race wins? It'd make for interesting viewing, that's for sure.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
I know what you mean however most of the big teams we will call them lol are international teams,eg,walkinshaw,triple8,fpr used to be owned by prodrive or tickford but is now owned by rod nash,rusty French etc,last time this team was locally owned was by seto,I agree it would be awesome for Penske to come here and they may but the latest rumours with them coming here are for them to take over an existing team such as djr or fpr as these are associated with ford and Penske is tied to them through nascar etc,they could bring another brand of course so it would be great if they came but at this stage it is highly unlikely for 2015 at this stage according to Penske president for racing etc tim cindric.

would be good though

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes totally agree,it would be good to have a few more cars on the track like they do in nascar,the costs of setting up a brand new team from scratch is very cost prohibitive unfortunately

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes,bloody magnificent seeing the Volvo win again lol,been a long time since I saw the last Volvo win in oz lol,wasn't to good in the second one though which is a pity,big one tomorrow,lets hope for a good race,anyone but whingecup lmao

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Just checked my Twitter feed, Scott McLaughlin is on 3rd and Robert Dahlgren on 8th for the 200Km race. Awesome effort by Dahlgren, hopefully he can pick up a decent top 10 result to boost his confidence.