Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars 2014

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
My guess is it would have been part of the deal with Volvo to sign one of their A1 factory drivers from overseas. The guy has the talent but it's a totally different ball game here with over powered and over weight rear wheel drive cars. I think he's going to **** himself come Bathurst time, especially if it's a wet race.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Go the kiwi's (even the one in the Volvo) :D

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
congrats to chaz,been coming for a while,pity about Dahlgren,will take him at least 12 months to get used to our style of racing,no-one has ever come in from overseas except the kiwi's lol and been successful straightaway,it will take time,
what I like about the v8's this year is we are getting different winners every weekend,3 winners from 3 races can't ask for much better than that.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I agree, it was getting boring with the same guys winning all the time.

I hope for Mosterts sake that FPR fit a bull bar for the Enduro Cup rounds. He's teamed up with Paul "Imgunnaramhim" Morris. There's actually some pretty strong combinations this year. I reckon HRT will be up there at Bathurst. Tander usually has a strong showing there.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
the dude is ok,he has only ever hit someone when he has been on the receiving end first lol,and he always tells them first he will get them,what goes around comes around lol,personally I would have preferred someone else to co-drive with him but the top talent going around is already booked elsewhere lol,

and yes it was totally boring watching redbull win all the time,lets hope it stays this way for the year and we have some good racing before we have sign up to foxtel for next year lol

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Saturday at Darwin was pretty boring but Sundays race was great. Heaps of strategy played, some teams got it, some didn't. Good to see FPR pick up another win, looks like thos could be Frosty's year.

More on the DJR/Penske front too - click me. Plus V8 Supercars has opened up 3 more racing entitlement contracts which will hopefully boost the field back up to 28 cars. They've also stated it opens up the possibility of another manufacturer.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah I agree with sat,boring as all fark,sunday was great,frosty the eternal underdog lol,hope he does win it this year,hes a good bloke

Penske will be good,i think they are waiting on ambrose to make his mind up imo

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Why they insist to run sprint races is beyond me.

Once the race settles down after the start it is so boring...

At least with the longer races the pitstops add a bit of a challenge for teams to work out strategies and tyres etc.

cheers

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
totally agree ozzymac,they should make it more like nascar have 2 200km races similar to the Clipsal format from last year,minimum fuel usage and as many tyres as you want