Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars 2015

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Very generous 'redress' by Van Gisbergen. I don't think he actually needed to do that.

Yeah i was surprised too but you never know with the stewards. Guess it goes to show his level headedness already thinking about the championship.

I know Adelaides pretty bloody boring but this is like Christmas for motorsport fans in SA especially with the after race concerts. Tonights headliners Cold Chisel and Spiderbait.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
SvG to 888 next year on a 3 year deal running a 3rd car. Should be interesting although I'm a little disappointed in that it seems 888 want to do everything possible to ensure they win the drivers and teams championship.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Bit of a shame, has been nice seeing the small Tekno outfit taking it to Triple 8 and the factory teams in the last few years. Was nice to see a single car team still punching above its weight for the first time in quite a few years.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Single pit box stacking for three cars ?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
In the USA we do not get the chance to see the races. There was a channel called Speed Vision. To view the channel, you have to pay extra on the cable extended pack and came with a heap of stupid channels. Not worth the extra $30 a month. To our luck, the V8 Supercar website launched SuperView and for a 1 payment of $39.95 AU ($30.85 USD) we get the chance to watch the races for the season. Works pretty darn well for us; due to the time zones I can watch the races any time I want on on any device.

How does it work on your side? It says that NZ and AU has to use Foxtel Go and Foxtel Play. Is it any better, worse?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Single pit box stacking for three cars ?

I'd say they'll pair up the second car with Tekno, seems how they already have a fairly strong technical relationship. SvG is racing a 888 prepared car anyway so there's not going to be a great deal of change aside from the sponsors on the car.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
For those bitching about paying to view their motor racing - that's entirely your prerogative however I was very plesently surprised to find full coverage of TCM which is very much my favourite category of racing these days. From what I gather, pretty much every category on the card got full coverage which is unheard of on FTA TV.

V8Clipsal0115-08292.JPG

V8Clipsal0115-08477.JPG

V8Clipsal0115-05645.JPG

Having to pay for watching V8 Supercars is the last straw. Won't be following them at all anymore. Have been losing interest as the racing becomes more and more artificial. Cars not based on real cars, control over how many pit stops, how much fuel to put in, tyres etc etc and the Bathurst debacle. Will be watching TCM and other categories!

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Well... Channel 10 has fcuked all of us motorsport nuts on this weekend's V8 Supercars(..or should that be V8 Crappycars) Tyrepower Tasmania SuperSprint.

NO FRICKEN Free to Air coverage at ALL... Only on FOX :upyours: Ch10

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The sense of entitlement people have for free stuff in this thread just makes me lol