Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

varex muffler for vy

vyss manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss manual
hey guys i put a twin xforce 3 inch on my vy ss love it bit loud tho has anyone fitted a varex muffler to the rear of one of these systems did it come as a straight bolt on or was moding needed

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Varex are a gimmick. Get a resonator and proper muffler. Varex is also defectable.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The problem lies with the system. Should have spent the money on a decent system rather than a cheap one. You will now spend more than a decent system was worth trying to get the X Force to sound any good.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I don't think he's talking about a quality issue, I think he just wants it louder when he wants it to be. I doubt it'd be a straight bolt on, but I could be wrong. If you buy the muffler, a shop shouldn't charge to much to install it professionally.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Problem is cops are getting cluey now. All it takes is for them to see you more then once and they will know you have one.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It is absolutely a quality issue, he says he likes the note, but it's too loud. If he got a decent system it would have a nice note but not so loud. I think he wants the Varex to quieten it down, but also to make ears bleed when he wants. (and babies cry)

vyss manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss manual
its not a quality issue it sounds fine its tuff x force stuff is fine all i want is a varex so i can choose when it is loud and when its not

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Any time some one spells tough tuff I roll my eyes and imagine some terry who drives with his arm out the window. Just saying.

vyss manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss manual
well since i started this thread go #### yourself i asked a question and got bullshit bravado from some backyard mechanics

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Any time some one spells tough tuff I roll my eyes and imagine some terry who drives with his arm out the window. Just saying.

lol i usually think of a 17 year old who skipped school in a vr with 20's and his arm hanging out the window proudly displaying his hectic tattoo listening to the rattle of his rear bumper

no offense but if you have an ss dont put a varex on it... ruins a v8 in my opinion