Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM OTR Owners

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hello all

Next week ill be ordering a VCM OTR MAF version and fitting it all up myself with no tune

Just wanting to see what people have experienced with them

Did you notice much increase in power, better economy ect, and how is the induction noise on them?

All ive read is good reviews on it, cant wait! :D

Thanks, any info will be appreciated :)

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Hi wogboyz u will be happy with it just make sure you clean ur filter often u do get alot of dirt and bugs trapped due to it suckin air from the front
Noise wise get a nice induction noise not over the top just right
Power increase i think it was about 15 or thereabouts but getting it tunned makes the world of difference i keeped the maf with the tune and recommend it when u have some coin or after u do other mods
Cheers

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hi wogboyz u will be happy with it just make sure you clean ur filter often u do get alot of dirt and bugs trapped due to it suckin air from the front
Noise wise get a nice induction noise not over the top just right
Power increase i think it was about 15 or thereabouts but getting it tunned makes the world of difference i keeped the maf with the tune and recommend it when u have some coin or after u do other mods
Cheers

Thanks for ur reply mate, how easy are they to clean? I will be going mafless later on down the track once i get headers n cats :)

Speaking to the vcm lads they reakon around 10 - 15rkw increase untuned on stock motor, not sure i belive that tho lol

Yeah standard it has a bit of nice whistle, can imagine it should be pretty good with the otr on

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
It's the same to clean as any other K&N filter - the only hassle is the drying time - don't plan to be anywhere in a hurry - but it's easy to do.

Oh i meant not cleaning time lol, I used to clean my k&n pod on my vs every month or so thats no problem, I meant is it pretty straight forward getting the filter in and out?

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Easy to take the filter in and out but as tinsnips said drying time i have the paper filter in mine atm BUT iam no expert but if u want to go mafless later can u use the same OTR make sure before u buy it and headers and catback will be making u smile

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Yeah i just gotta order a mafless kit for it and its done lol, for the exhaust as soon the vs sells, a kpm 3" catback will be ordered

Well good to know its easy to change :) thanks anyway tinsnips :p lol