Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM OTR Owners

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
VCM have already stated today they're slightly changing the design of the OTR to keep the filter firmer in place. The issue isn't so much a design flaw but an inconsistency in the manufacturing process. They're currently making up a fix to send out to customers who contact them about the issue. If you are having this problem, ring them or email them your details.

Oh ok sweet, tossing up between the russo and vcm they seem the best 2 and both have really good designs, which seems to have better results on the road?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
in an untuned motor, it won't make much difference to be honest - but I believe the VCM has the most 'potential' if that makes sense - after a tune of course, judging by the size of the filter and the depth of the mouth. Realistically though, there's probably FA difference between the big brands. Just go with what you like. They're not force feeding the motor so there's only so much benefit they CAN be.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
So what is the best way to check whether the filter is in place or not?

Thanks.

just stick your finger in one of the openings and prod the filter.if its loose it will move back and forth.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
I spoke to VCM 2day the guy was very helpful and will send out the mod kit when they have tested it i did ring Walkinshaw to see how much the W427 cai was and $800 odd dollars later it includes installation
apparently they have to pull the front bar off and asked if the filter was easy 2 clean he said that u have to removed some of the grill to get 2 it so i will wait for the mod but mine is not loose

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I spoke to VCM 2day the guy was very helpful and will send out the mod kit when they have tested it i did ring Walkinshaw to see how much the W427 cai was and $800 odd dollars later it includes installation
apparently they have to pull the front bar off and asked if the filter was easy 2 clean he said that u have to removed some of the grill to get 2 it so i will wait for the mod but mine is not loose

Let us know how the mod kit goes man

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
off topic, but fark I've seen locusts do some damage to cars on the hwy between canberra and and Nth Vic - a mate's dad drove back to sydney from Wodonga last year, through a swarm - smashed the grille in completely on his merc, headlights were cracked, even busted through the radiator - and a front end respray was needed! What a fkn mess! His entire engine bay was sprayed with bugs - just mental.

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
VCM have got a fix that goes around the filter, Will be available early next week.