Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE- Check engine light - HELP!!!!

Danee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2009
I have a 2009 VE commodore and every now and then (more frequent lately), the whole engine shudders at any speed very ramdomly then the check engine light comes on with the little lightening bolt in it.... I have taken it back to Holden and no error code is found in the system....this is very frustrating!!!! Does anyone know anything that I could check??? The last time it came on was on the highway doing 110km, engine shudders and I pull over, it then idles really rough. After I turn the car off then back on it runs ok again until the next time it happens :(
Any help would be great!!!!
Danielle :) IMG_0772[1].jpg

schwanm

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6
I had this happen once, took it to holden and they said no error codes found. They thought it was dirty fuel/water in the fuel

hasn't happend again since using only premium, whether or not they were right im not sure though :hmmm:

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Could be a lot of things, likely electrical. Your first step if you aren't a mechanical DIYer is to try a mechanic who has been recommended to you.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend a Holden dealership.

Vaelen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 Manual
I dunno if this helps but I had a similar issue with an Opel (Holden) Astra in South Africa... Turned out it was a malfunction in the airflow sensor.
The computer never picked up an error code and the techies were always saying there's nothing wrong.

Found out later by mucking around under the hood, that the airflow sensor wires were a bit crook, and that every time they shorted, the sensor would go bonkers and give false readings.
The car would lose all power, the Engine light came on and sometimes she'd just cut out and refused to start for a few minutes. After she restarted she'd be fine.

Maybe have a look at that...

Danee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2009
Thanks so much, I will try and get someone to have a look at it other than Holden (they don't seem to be helping). It wouldn't surprise me if it was something electrical as tail lights and dash lights sometimes malfunction also! Will let you know if anything gets sorted.

mr_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 07
So, did you find out what the problem is?

Danee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2009
Haven't got it sorted yet no.... but should get some answers next week... Im getting a loan car while someone takes it and has a look.... will let you know the outcome :)

DECIMATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Ive just had the same problem. The previous owner had been running E10 petrol in it. E10 isnt monitored and can get up to 30% ethanol instead of the advertised 10%. This causes the computer to pump way to much petrol into the engine and it ends up clogging up the O2 sensors. In turn this makes your car run like a bag of ****. They just need to be taken out and cleaned.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.961675,151.220516

Rostamm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Exactly the same problem!!!
2010 Omega
Coils, sparke, injectors! ... Have been changed by HOLDEN in perth . Still "Engine Check" comes and goes randomly
Really don't know what else should I do?!?
Any thoughts?
Ross