Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Fuse Box Diagram

g8carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore from Pont G8
I would appreciate it if someone could post a photo of a diagram for the engine compartment fuse box. I am trying to figure out the differences, if any, between my G8 fuse box and the native Australian fuse box.

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
hope this help

Attachments

• 1010598_592164900815942_1766092525_n.jpg
    1010598_592164900815942_1766092525_n.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 47,556

g8carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks. That doesn't really have what I need, but now I know the fuse number I want identified. From your diagram, I need to identify fuse F41, which is marked "Lo Beam DRL" on my car.

I bought some LED DRLs on eBay Australia and the instructions are not hard to follow. However, all US General Motors cars all have a factory DRL setup, on the G8 being reduced power to the low beam headlights. Those are not being overridden by the LEDs and the headlights are still running as DRLs. The LEDs do not come on until the lights, either headlight or parking lights are actually switched on.

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
Hi Mate - you may have to get the DRL option activated through the BCM

g8carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks. I know that isn't the problem, since the original DRLs work as designed. The problem I have is that my car, being US DOT spec, is set up different from the Australian VE which these eBay LEDs were designed for. I know the headlights have been changed to meet US specifications and the taillights are slightly different. The LED DRLs I got are built into the fog light covers and were designed to fit a VE SS-style front bar, which my car has. Here's a picture of them taken from the listing:

I need to disable my factory DRLs, I think by finding and cutting the wire that powers them. I tried pulling the fuse inside the car and that killed the DRLs but didn't make these work.