Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve grille modification

colonelbmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black ssv redline ute
nice finish on the badge mate...
Thinking bout doing something similar to mine, i have a black ssv redline ute and want to take the grills out and paint them red and do the holden badge black just not sure how it will look? and also if the paint will chip off easy?
any ideas?

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
Hello there, was wondering what model and series car you had, looking to do something similar to my own grill (well buy one)

Thanks

Graeme

Hey Graeme,

I'm almost 99% sure RedOctobers's car is VE Calais 06 his done alot of front and rear end conversions, the bar you see in the front is from a Senator.

coolshades

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 Redline
2008 VE 60th Anniversary with a 2006 SSV Grille

Hi, Thought I would just post a pic of my 2008 VE 60th Anniversary with a 2006 SSV Grille. After reading the great advice here, we pulled the "Lion" badge off, rubbed it back lightly with 600 sandpaper, then applied a light coat of Semi-Gloss Black Paint by Dy-Mark (Fast Dry Enamel paint that goes on Plastic, Wood, Metal etc..) then within 15mins applied a second coat. Let dry for a day then applied 2 coats within 15mins of each other then let dry overnight. Then clicked the "Lion" back on the grille. I think it looks great! Something different! Big thanks to hubby for his great work!

Picture 01777.jpg

SSV 364

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
SSV badge

Add Content

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,407

robbieharris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 60th anniversory
hey guys i know this is a bit off topic, but have you seen the walkinshaw grill insert?
i want to get one myself but i cant find it anywhere :/

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
This video explains it all...

Click here

Nice! But I still like this one..Hate commodores with chev badges - YouTube

Thinking bout putting the ve badge on the passengers side of the grill something different. To add to the chev badges, I saw some wank with a chev badge on the rear and not only it that wait for it.....red neons illuminating behind it... tried to get a photo but could get a good shot.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon