Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Handbrake Adjustment.

BumbleBeeSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VEII SSV Redline Ute
Hi all. I've got a 2010 SII ss-v redline that is in need of a handbrake adjustment.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I've never owned a car with disc's on the rear so really, i'm starting out blind with this one.

Cheers.

(I'll just add that if you would like to tell me to take it to a mechanic, or the dealership, please don't waste your own time replying.)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Try taking up the slack in the cable first as thats the easiest to do yourself.

Lift up the centre console lid and theres a small trim behind the cupholders. get a flatblade screwdriver and slide it under this trim to pop it off, its held in by two clips.

Now you should see a torx bolt in there but you can use a flatblade to turn it. Wind it in about 5 full turns (might have to lift the handbrake a little to get better access) and try the handbrake. it should only have around 8 clicks till it gets really tight. Keep winding it in till you get 8 clicks only when pulling the handbrake up.

If this doesnt improve the handbrakes hold youll need to back off the handbrake and adjust at the rear wheels then readjust the handbrake lever.

BumbleBeeSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VEII SSV Redline Ute
Cheers mate, i'll give it a crack. At the moment, I'll lift it until it stops, then need to yank it another two clicks before it actually does anything. And being an Auto, the clunk it makes when taking it out of park makes me shudder. The 45 degree driveway i must park in doesn't help either!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
No problem.

:)

schwanm

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6
Is this procedure the same for a series 1? Can't find a thing in the centre console?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yes. Its the retangular trim with two curves cut out of it just behind the cupholders.

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
Digging up a old thread but anyone know how to adjust it at the rear wheel? I tightened my mates handbrake at the centre console but its maxed out. Cheers

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08