Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Launch details

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
It looks fairly big for a medium but imo it looks more european than korean which is a definate advantage.
When i heard that a daewoo was going to replace the vectra my first thought was that holden had just lost medium car market share but after seeing the car i think it may actually be worthy to replace the vectra (but that is based purely on asthetics)

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
It's not that they're choosing to make decisions like using Pacific Rim built Daewoos, it's because parent company GM is losing out bigtime with car sales, especially with the decline in large car sales thanks to fuel.. GM is making their money off trucks and such these days.. but not to worry about Daewoo! I heard some people from Holden were being sent there to fix things up a bit, increase quality and all that

The car posted above certainly does look excellent, at least from the side.. looks BMW/Euro Accordish.. very modern indeed

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Posted this on another thread - relevant to the disscussion....

There is an article in the May Wheels magazine with comments from Bob Lutz (or is it clutzs??) GM Product Development.

Paraphrasing the article covers the following ground....

"Ï can't believe we were so stupid" - starts the article. They did not structure themselves globally to take on the likes of Toyota and Honda.

Sounds like that base platforms (eg Zeta) will have a global homebase - in this case Australia - and any variation from the main platform will be restricted and need to be justified.

Global Mid sized and compact platforms will be European based (Epsilon and Delta). Global small car will shift to South Korea - Daewoo (Gamma).

Detroit will hold onto the luxury rear wheel platforms (Sigma)

Next generation Viva and Vectra will be designed in South Korea but built on the European platforms (Epsilon and Delta).

Opels new Corsa is a joint venture with FIAT - but '"Europe is just too expensive a location to develop a next generation baby car - hence the shift to Korea"'

End

So it seems like some deep soul searching is going on at GM. Certainly a complex business given the international market loacl demands and the desire to try and standardise (for efficiency and costs purposes).

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
SlickHolden said:
**** didnt know that:).
I have a pic of that car and it looks good with big wheels on it.
Just a thought woudlnt it be funny if what we thought was the VE was this thing instead and Holdens just been pulling our chain and come out with something different..
Or maybe this will look like a mini VE it wouldnt be the first time a smaller holden has resembled the commodore..
Seriously this car may give us a few styling cues on what the VE will look like while they dont look the same there is some similarities.. At least we know where they got the VE door handles from
holden.jpg

Last edited:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
TI0350 said:
Just a thought woudlnt it be funny if what we thought was the VE was this thing instead and Holdens just been pulling our chain and come out with something different..
Or maybe this will look like a mini VE it wouldnt be the first time a smaller holden has resembled the commodore..
Seriously this car may give us a few styling cues on what the VE will look like while they dont look the same there is some similarities.. At least we know where they got the VE door handles from
holden.jpg
I think that does show the guys that design them worked on the VE before this.
That will fit in pretty well with the VE. But i would cry if that was the VE:eek:.

blackahcdx

Reaction score
What is it you don't like about it?

adz8911

Reaction score
FACT: Production starts 57 days from now. That's all I will say.

And if you're looking to by a VE, don't, spend the extra quid and get the WM statesman, you'll be more then impressed.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
adz8911 said:
FACT: Production starts 57 days from now. That's all I will say.

And if you're looking to by a VE, don't, spend the extra quid and get the WM statesman, you'll be more then impressed.
My man no offence but everyone here will give you **** with your first and maybe only post with comments like that:D