Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE pics real thing!!!!!!

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
number 1, whoever said that vt's are better than vL's is dumb, if vt are so good then y the hell are people racing out to get vx and vy kits for them, cause they suck! second, from looking at the pictures it loos like sumthing that would b similar to a new commy, 1st 5 stud wheels, second the massive camber angle caused by the IRS and 3rd u can clearly see that the hav vz rear lights under tha cover, it has been rumourd that the ve's will hav a shorter boot length and also look out for the absence of the join that separates the rear pillar and rear q panel

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Keesh said:
number 1, whoever said that vt's are better than vL's is dumb, if vt are so good then y the hell are people racing out to get vx and vy kits for them, cause they suck!

Dude, take a chill pill! Technically VT's are a much more advanced car over the VL, ie chassis. I've driven a VL and didn't really think much of it, I'd take a VT over one any day. As for body kits etc, people get them because they want to add their own style to the car, christ I've seen a VL with a fabricated VX Clubsport kit on it. It wasn't to my taste but it has been done. Of course Holden aren't going to put the VE on the road for testing in its final form, it'll be made up of different parts, hence the rear lights. Who knows, it could be similar in design. Holden have clearly stated many times that there are certain aspects in the VY and VZ, even small detailed ones, that we'll find in the VE. I'm looking forward to seeing the new model. Another tip for you, think before you type or speak, that way you won't say something stupid like you just have in your last post in this thread.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Looks like a retarted BMW with Falcon lights. Looks crappy.

veeque92

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman SeriesII 5.7
Vl's are the crappest commys ever made. They look bloody ugly, they have a crappy inferior motor and one of the ugliest interiors and dashboards Iv'e ever seen in a car. Why do you think that the VN is styled more of the VK shape than the VL. If you see 2 parked next to each other you can see where it came from,
The VL is just the ugly duckling - Still aint seen one turned into a swan yet.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
VL's look ok to me : ) especially when they are sideways with 200rwkw :) on a just about stock car

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Point?

veeque92 said:
Vl's are the crappest commys ever made. They look bloody ugly, they have a crappy inferior motor and one of the ugliest interiors and dashboards Iv'e ever seen in a car. Why do you think that the VN is styled more of the VK shape than the VL. If you see 2 parked next to each other you can see where it came from,
The VL is just the ugly duckling - Still aint seen one turned into a swan yet.

What is the point of this post? I don't see any. Be glad people aren't commenting on the rear end of VQs.

The more I look at the VE the more I think we are being mislead. Camouflaged or not it is ugly and looks too small in these photos. It has got to be better in the flesh (hope so). Someone has to come up with newer pics

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Nothing wrong with the VL, most refined version of the VB-VL platform, at the time it had the best 6 cylinder ever in a Holden and it does look quite nice, not to mention being a massive cult car..

All Holden's are good cars to me :p

G

GMH 72

The VE is only in pre-production stage so anything can happen. I have faith in the General & i'm proud of my initials 'GMH'.

I like most Holdens but Camira wasn't really a Holden was it, wasn't there a skip full of Ford badges at Fishermans Bend when it was re-badged? :yeah: