Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE pics real thing!!!!!!

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
very ugly car... they need to do better than that!!!!
stick with the VS sort of shape

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
DeiCide said:
very ugly car... they need to do better than that!!!!
stick with the VS sort of shape

What a suprise, you drive a VS! No, they shouldn't go with a VS shape, it's dated. I like the new shape, but not a big fan of the Falcon style headlights. I hate American styling - bold, sharp lines and over pronounced everything. The Euro shape will sell a lot better. If you want something that looks overkill, go buy one of the new Mustangs, I hear ya press a button and the dash lights cycle through 125 colours. Woop-dee-doo. Oh yeah, they have a solid rear axle. Remember that for the next time a Ford fan says the current Holden IRS is old news.
It's a fact that the VE will have a much roomier interior and bigger boot than the VT-VZ, if they manage that in a body thats smaller than the VT-VZ, I say good on them.

v6shooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn spack
No!!!!!!!

I am a holden man and i love holden i drive commdore with pride
but i will be pissed if i see a snotty euro looking peice of hatch CRAP with a commodore badge

Wingnut0021

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Commodore, 1997 VS Statesman II V8
Will look very good with a VY or VZ clubsport bodykit. They look as if they would almost fit

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
I don't like it... It looks - weird. The VY/VZ are the best model commodores ever made in my opinion. I will be tearing the Six Speed auto out of a VE to install in my VY though... :yeah:
Each to their own I suppose.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Pretender said:
What is the point of this post? I don't see any. Be glad people aren't commenting on the rear end of VQs.

The more I look at the VE the more I think we are being mislead. Camouflaged or not it is ugly and looks too small in these photos. It has got to be better in the flesh (hope so). Someone has to come up with newer pics

I've thought about this too Pretender, do you think Holden could be so bold to actually make test cars that are 100% fake on the outside and are just testing the chasis still? I mean they still have to test all the interior and external stuff aswell and time is running out.... I still have a bad feeling this car is going to be much worse that we had hoped for :). I saw the muscle car TV show yesterday, nice to see the XU1 Toranas take the first 4 places in the race (in the rain) and the A9X dominated every other ex Group C and Group A car and by a very very long margin :) (7 seconds a lap quicker than any other car in the race). I hope Holden was watching that and remembered that weight or lack of it is everything when building a car, I don't want to see this VE weigh anywhere near 1500 kg's

C

chosen_one

greenfoam said:
I saw the muscle car TV show yesterday, nice to see the XU1 Toranas take the first 4 places in the race . I hope Holden was watching that and remembered that weight or lack of it is everything when building a car, I don't want to see this VE weigh anywhere near 1500 kg's
If I was ever hit by a Volvo I'd rather be in a VE than an XU1...... :whistling

filtnineee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
I honestly reckon the new ve will look unreal after all the **** is ripped of it, just look at those flared gaurds, ppl say it even looks slightly audi, well why not, either way

B

bengilly

hey

hey can some one please send me a private message telling me how i can post a new thread

N

nz8x7b

Fellow holden sucks,
I Can’t say if any of the cars are VE. I can say that the VE isn't an american or opel modified product. It's the first from ground up car fully Australian designed architecture ever done. It will not disappoint. It’s the most structurally safe and best equipped car Holden have ever produced. If you like the VT you’ll Love VE. I cant say too much but the spy shots never do a car justice. You must wait and see the car in full trim.