Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Rear Aux Audio Input Location

l2eeFer13

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Maloo E3 2013
Are you able to take a photo Smithky. I cant seem to find it

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Audiovideo.jpg

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Can I ask what might sound like a stupid question, but what is the point of the rear AUX (and video, what can that even be used for ?) when you have the AUX at the front of the head unit ?

metester

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Clubsport R8
Can I ask what might sound like a stupid question, but what is the point of the rear AUX (and video, what can that even be used for ?) when you have the AUX at the front of the head unit ?

It is for installing things like DVD players etc. Also, it frees up the front auxilliary for portable players such as iPods etc. Finally, I am led to believe it is of a higher quality than the front aux providing better sound. I am in the process of using it and will be able to prove/disprove this.

Oh, I almost forgot! Using it instead of the front for a permanent installation is a lot neater. :thumbup:

"E1 Clubby R8 when only an 8 will do!"

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Ahhhhh cheers, and from what I can gather by reading this thread, unless I have an iphone (not everyone does guys) I can't just get a plug and play cable right ?

Because I know when I have my Samsung Omnia 7 plugged into the AUX in I have to have the volume on like 50 for it to be loud, but it still sound crap, has no bass about it !

metester

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Clubsport R8
Ahhhhh cheers, and from what I can gather by reading this thread, unless I have an iphone (not everyone does guys) I can't just get a plug and play cable right ?

Because I know when I have my Samsung Omnia 7 plugged into the AUX in I have to have the volume on like 50 for it to be loud, but it still sound crap, has no bass about it !

I am with you vzlumina. I don't have an iPhone either. I would prefer Samsung and Android any day but that is for another forum!! I recently upgraded my Galaxy S to a Galaxy SIII. I thought I would use my S as a media player in my car and I am currently in the middle of making up a cable from the rear aux to plug into my S. In the meantime I have run a cable from my S, which I have mounted in my centre console, to the front aux and will switch it over when I am done. The advantage of mounting the Galaxy in my centre console is that it is hidden away from sight and I can charge it from the AUX 12V socket that is located in there.

I too noticed that when plugging into the front aux you have to turn the volume right up. I am hoping using the rear aux will fix this. One other thing is that VE's are notorious for engine noise through the speakers and this setup is no different. It is fine when disconnected from the charger but not so when it it is. I rectified this by including a noise filter in my charging cable and this knocked out most of it. I am hopeful it will be better using the rear aux also. Another thing to bear in mind is that this setup uses the phone's 3.5mm jack which I am happy with. Using the iPhone kit mentioned above enables the user to use the 30-pin connector at the bottom of the iphone which charges it at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if this is also possible with the S but this setup suits me fine so no need to go further.

It is not plug and play but if you are able to make up a cable or know someone who does you can keep the phone and not go over to the dark side!! ;)

I haven't taken any progress photos but can take some and post them here if you wish.

Last edited:

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
WOOOOOO some one else who doesn't have an Iphone ! I am a vary vary rare breed who in fact has a Windows Phone, so the chances of anyone ever doing that for VE are probably less then me winning the lotto ! The noise when charging is the same in my car, but fun at times when I rev it right out lol.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
BTW the solution to that noise is a ground loop isolator.