Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Mufflers

jkav110

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS VE
G'day, my 08 SSVE Ute LH Muffler has broken at both inlet & outlet flanges.

Pipe OD Dia into muffler is 55 and from flange to tip is 65mm

the exhaust note is pretty mild, and whilst I would mind more of a louder note don't want to attract too much attention...

question I have is has anyone installed the muffler eliminator pipes, and if so how much louder is it? Or would the redback pipes be better? Or the rapid sports mufflers..any advice experience feedback much appreciated

Cheers James

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Exhaust note is subjective, some people like the J pipes, some don't. Personally I don't, I like the smooth note of a decent cat back.

ThatsGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
G'day, my 08 SSVE Ute LH Muffler has broken at both inlet & outlet flanges.

Pipe OD Dia into muffler is 55 and from flange to tip is 65mm

the exhaust note is pretty mild, and whilst I would mind more of a louder note don't want to attract too much attention...

question I have is has anyone installed the muffler eliminator pipes, and if so how much louder is it? Or would the redback pipes be better? Or the rapid sports mufflers..any advice experience feedback much appreciated

Cheers James
I bought a set of muffler eliminator for $180 off eBay. Loud and raspy as hell. Fun but they came off after a week. Too loud for round town.

dazzdodge

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Calais V 6.0L
I'm pretty happy with my J-Pipes, the volume is spot on, you can hear it now, sounds like a 6 litre should but.... there is a slight bit of drone between 1800 and 2200 rpm
It's at its worst when on cruise going up and down gradual hills so I usually put it in manual (active select) and keep it in a lower gear.
I don't mind but the little miss in the passenger seat mentions it ha ha.
Depends too on the rest of your exhaust system, Mine is AFM and I think it has extra mufflers.

dazzdodge

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Calais V 6.0L
My 2010 Calais has cats, centre muffler, 2 hotdog looking mufflers (1 on each pipe) then the rears (which I replaced with J-pipes)

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
My 2010 Calais has cats, centre muffler, 2 hotdog looking mufflers (1 on each pipe) then the rears (which I replaced with J-pipes)
standard, except for j pipes (had those) not bad, picked up a gts 2.5" vf stainless for $150, then fitted rear mufflers $250