Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 low fuel warning

Reaction score
Website
www.sportsmodelsaustralia.com.au
Members Ride
VE SV6 2008
Does anyone know when your low fuel alarm comes on if there is a way like in vt models etc where it still shows you how many KM's left till empty as on my VE SV6 when the alarm sounds and then i scroll through the on dash info it just shows the low fuel symbol which is really annoying

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Yeah I miss that, but since mine allows me to put in 70 litres at that point, I think the correct km on the display should be "Sweek F**k All"

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Doubly Annoying!

Yes, I agree that it is annoying, but I think they have done it so they can't be blamed if someone runs out of fuel with the DTE reading positive.

When intentionally running low, I watch the DTE regularly so I have a hint when the low fuel light comes on.

My MY09 SV6 seems to take about 65 litres at the point the low fuel light comes on, so there is a fair bit left.

Remember that there is a Very Low Fuel light, which does allow a bit of leeway if fuel is regularly available along route, i.e. every 10Km or so.

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
I know you can run a tank down "too low" and get away with it, but the recommendation for a long time has been to keep at least a quarter of a tank ... the DTE value then is irrelevant.

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
I have yet to see a very low warning, even the time I squeezed 72.98 litres in the tank. I olny ever fill to first click off of the pump and round up to nearest 50c, so that tank was running VERY low.

I wonder if the MY10's are different in low/very low warnings

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
very low is about 2L of fuel left according to engeneering mode
my missus runs it down to this all the time no need to mention i hate it

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
I know you can run a tank down "too low" and get away with it, but the recommendation for a long time has been to keep at least a quarter of a tank ... the DTE value then is irrelevant.

this steam mostly form older days when contamination was more prevalent you a pretty safe these days so long as you dont let it run dry that kills the pump real fast

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
very low is about 2L of fuel left according to engeneering mode
my missus runs it down to this all the time no need to mention i hate it

Hmmm, I wonder just how much you can fit in the tanks then. Book says 73 litres, I have squeezed 72.98 into it once, so that does not leave a lot left. 2 L might be OK in the city where you have a servo on every second block, but not here :(

I miss my wildly inaccurate, but extremely early warning, VZ fual gauge now lol

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
If you start the car in engineering mode it shows you how many litres are in your tank at any one time... I don't think it dissapears when you are too low either...?

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
If you start the car in engineering mode it shows you how many litres are in your tank at any one time... I don't think it dissapears when you are too low either...?

Yeah when low fuel comes up, it will hide engineering mode until you press the left hand side button and then engineering mode will return.